Adding a second well supplied pressure tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Bill Braun

Reaction score
Had the plumber out because I had no water pressure. Turned out to be a blown fuse (frn-r-8). He replaced the fuse with a frn-r-10. The pressure tank I have is very small (4.6 gallon). He said the fuse may have blown because the system recycles quite often. He suggested adding an additional 33 gallon pressure tank. As I understood him I would just tap into to 3/4" supply line. What fittings will I need to do this. My system is mostly pex. Will I need all this?http://www.amazon.com/Installation-Pressure-SQUARE-pressure-switch/dp/B00SW0E26I/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1448058262&sr=8-16&keywords=well pressure tank?

or just a tank T that I will tie into the supply line?

Thanks for the help.

Bill

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What size wire is this hooked up to? The fuse or circuit breaker is generally there to protect the wiring, not the device it is connected to. If this is to protect the pump, what does the manual call for?

You might want to post this in the pump/well section.

Bill Braun

Reaction score
What size wire is this hooked up to? The fuse or circuit breaker is generally there to protect the wiring, not the device it is connected to. If this is to protect the pump, what does the manual call for?

You might want to post this in the pump/well section.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not sure of the wire size but it appears to be at least 12 gauge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks