AC Condensation line drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Tbucket

Reaction score
Just moved and noticed the 2 AC condensation lines are tied together, I think there suppose to be separate with there own P traps? Is my planned set up ok in the pic? The line goes about 14' to the right of the picture - straight out the side of the house and 90* down to the dirt, I plan to run the secondary line right along side the primary. Anything I need to make sure of so I don't create a situation where the water in the P trap gets sucked dry in one direction or the other?

Attachments

• IMG_8338.JPG
    IMG_8338.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 178

JerryR

Reaction score
There are 2 drains outlets. One should be to remove condensation water and the other should have a float switch that shuts off the AC if the drain backs up and fills the pan under the evaporator coil. https://www.amazon.com/Rectorseal-97632-Safe-T-Switch-Ss1/dp/B007CZCRXY/

They should not be tied together.

Here’s a picture of mine. The one on the right with insulation is the drain line. The one on the left has a float switch in it. If water backs up and starts to fill the evaporator pan the float switch will turn off the AC.

jerryr-02.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
The drain line without a trap it would need one but they both use the same line and what if it stops up after the tee of the two lines. Drain pan under the air handler with a safety switch to kill the ac is necessary because it not when it happens but it will happen.

JerryR

Reaction score
Agreed, mine not only has a float switch that shuts off the AC if the evaporator pan fills, it also has the drain pan under the air handler. The drain pan also has a safety switch that shuts off the AB if the pan starts to fill.

I like belt and suspenders kind of guy.

JerryR

Reaction score

Attachments

• 0E757999-AA4E-4E94-87B6-3E829A8CDA6B.jpeg
    0E757999-AA4E-4E94-87B6-3E829A8CDA6B.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 172
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks