ABS 3" Sanitary Tee, H x S x H exist???

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveY

Reaction score
I need a tee like this for my project and havn't had luck finding it. 3 Inch on all sides, very similar to this https://www.lowes.ca/abs-fittings/canplas-abs-sanitary-tee-fitting_g1334917.html but instead the Verticle portion of the T has to be the skinny spigot end and not the same hub end as the other two. I have an email in to the company but would love if someone could point me to a retail type store (ideally Canada) or at least a place I could order online? Thanks so much!

Reach4

Reaction score
tees-wyes-c58112hd112-64_145.jpg
Like this but all 3 inch?

Like this?
MUL_03114.jpg

DaveY

Reaction score
Close but instead the curved portion thats sticking out to the right needs to be skinnier instead. The other two perpendicular ends need the normal fatter hubs to them. That will be the part thats going into the toilet flange and I need to be as close to the ceiling as possible.

Reach4

Reaction score
curved portion thats sticking out to the right needs to be skinnier

I see your sketch. You are not allowed to use a santee on its back for that purpose.
How about a wye in the 3 inch path, and a short piece of pipe to a closet bend which turns up?
elbows-c58072clhd43-64_145.jpg

DaveY

Reaction score
So I guess I have to find an offset closet flange that has a "spigot" end on it, which still doesn't seem to be at my local stores. Ever hear of such a thing?

Edit: I can look into that Reach but the Main drain pipe is tight between joists so I'll look into maybe putting a bend in it in order to fit that elbow

DaveY

Reaction score
ohh not allowed by code. Grrrrrr. The pipe runs right underneath it so I think I will have to move it to fit. Thanks for the input. Are you allowed putting a WYE on its side instead of verticle and then do the closet bend?

DaveY

Reaction score
Ahh I got it. I will use a 3 Inch Wye to connect to the first toilet via closet bend and have the other branch of the wye head off down the line to the next toilet. Thanks for the input and brainstorming guys, I had a HUGE mental block

Reach4

Reaction score
Sioux Chief 889-45PM looks like this:
toiletflange-thumbnail-drop-kick-outlet.jpg

Oatey 43500 looks like this:
A14R_1_2017061332760733.jpg

DaveY

Reaction score
Oh ok that Sioux chief one looks like it might actually work perfectly if I keep the wye vertical and keep the original plan. Thanks Reach, I'm gunna see if theres something local that matches that. perfect!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; have the other branch of the wye head off down the line to the next toilet.

NOW, you've done it. If that "next toilet" is flowing past this one, and this one does NOT have an individual vent, it should be rejected by the inspector.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks