5600SXT-- how long for piston to move between cycles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
My iron+H2S filter with a 5600sxt was put into service in late 2012, so 9 years. I decided to check the injector screen and injector.

I put the bypass valve into bypass, and triggered an immediate regen. It make a ticking sound for many seconds before the countdown timer on the display appeared. I then moved ahead to the BD cycle (which draws solution during each regen).

So my question is, how long does the piston normally take to mechanically move between cycles?

Edit: when I removed the throat, only part came out. The part I pulled had maybe 3/4 of a thread remaining. I may replace white throat. Nozzle looks good. Nozzle may have had some deposits. I was pulling about 90% as much solution during regen as I used to.

Injector screen had sediment solids for maybe 5/16 inch at one end. I should have noted which end that was, but I expect it was the blind (outer) end.

I am putting it back together after cleaning with Iron Out soaking, and I will see how it does.

Another update: I put it together. I slowly took it out of bypass to let things fill slowly. Then I did an immediate regeneration. It sucked the full measure of solution.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks