30" or 32" tub in 5x8 bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Wagner

Reaction score
Hello,

We are remodeling the kids bathroom. Previously was 30" builders grade tub. I we wondering if its worth it to add a 32" tub? I currently have 18" to toilet. Kids mostly shower and seems the basin area is same with 30 or 32", looks like you can space at the top. Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Code requires at least 15" OC either side of the toilet, so you do have room. If anyone in the house takes baths other than smaller children, you'll like a wider tub. I'd look at the drain location and where it is in relation to any nearby joists. If you have room or can easily move the drain, I'd say go for it. Personally, when I remodeled, I ended up with a 72x36" tub. Yes, it took relocating some things, but to me, it was worth it.

Chris Wagner

Reaction score
Joist run perpendicular to the tub drain. It's already notched about 1" down for current drain, so I would need to notch it same depth an inch over

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks