30/50 or 40/60?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tacoland

Reaction score
I have a square D pressure switch on my well wo a pressure gauge. How can I tell which one to buy?

JerryR

Reaction score
I have a square D pressure switch on my well wo a pressure gauge. How can I tell which one to buy?
You can easily adjust either one to 40/60 or 30/50 by turning the "bigger" nut. Search youtube for instructions.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
You should get a pressure gauge. Most pressure gauges for wells use a 1/4 inch thread. You would prefer a 0-100 pressure gauge rather than a 0-200 psi. What does your favorite store offer?

Liquid filled water pressure gauges cost more, but have some advantages. I don't have one.

You should also have an air pressure gauge to measure air precharge, and a compressor to add air if needed. Check the air precharge annually. Air precharge is always measured with the water pressure at zero. The amount of air precharge pressure needed is a function of the cut-in pressure and the type of pump.

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
How can I tell which one to buy?
Use a tire pressure gauge to measure the air pressure in the pressure tank directly after the pressure switch shuts the pump off and there is no further water use. The tank air pressure will be equal to the current pressure switch's cut off pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks