3" copper to 3" PVC DWV transition

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Gregkl, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Gregkl

Gregkl New Member

Sales
    I am replacing some of my copper main drain line due to a reconfiguration of my bathrooms. I moved the toilet flanges approx 2" to meet code and moved my venting due to losing the original wall the vent stack was in.

When I went into the crawlspace to connect my PVC to the original copper via Fernco, the PVC is offset slightly from the copper.

My questions and concerns are:
    1. Is is possible to have a little angle at the Fernco between the two pipes?
    2. How can I get it to line up perfectly if that is what is needed? I am about 1" out of alignment. I was thinking I could try a couple 22 1/2 fittings but that might move it out too much.
    3. Am I overthinking this as usual? Just torque the screws on the Fernco and move on?
    4. Is there another solution?

Thanks. I did a search but didn't find a post with this same issue.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    They make couplings that match both sides.
    Copper to plastic
    Copper to old cast
    old cast to plastic

[​IMG]

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement