3 compartment sink gurgling

Users who are viewing this thread

therealdeal

Reaction score
Hello, long time reader first time poster.

I have a commercial 3 compartment sink. The guy who did the plumbing on it isn't the best at plumbing so I'm not sure if he did something wrong. The outer 2 compartments are filled with hot soapy water and the center compartment we normally use to rinse. So sometimes we dump approximately 3 gallons of pretty hot water into the center compartment and it causes the other two compartments to "burp" and lose much of their water. It seems to affect the compartment on the left more than the right. But we've tried 3 different types of drain plugs to no avail, the one that works best is a rubber stopper but it still doesn't stop this from happening.

So attached is a picture of how we have the drain setup. I've had a rooter guy clean it out already and it didn't make a difference. I'm starting to think I need some kind of a vent on the left side so that hot air doesn't pressurize and cause the gurgling we are seeing. I also read about air admittance valves and not sure if that would work.

We have to pour significant quantities of hot water into this center compartment and it's quite annoying and wasteful when we lose a brand new tub of sanitizer or soapy hot water. There is a 2" threaded abs cleanout cap on the end of it, and I can't find any fittings that would allow me to put a vent there if I needed to.

Any ideas on what I can do?

TIA
3comp1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks