2nd Floor Stack Vent Re-Route

Users who are viewing this thread

CPD

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a first time poster to the site. I am working on a 2nd floor bathroom remodel and have a question pertaining to the re-routing of the main stack vent. Currently the stack has two, 45-degree fittings in order to navigate the vent into the existing wall (left picture). My (current) plan is to shift this wall approximately 12 inches which would require offsetting the stack vent (picture on the right) using 90-degree bends and a short horizontal run. Am I allowed to have a horizontal run in the stack vent at this level? I appreciate the help!

Attachments

• Plumbing Re-route.pdf
    54.7 KB · Views: 174

Stuff

Reaction score
Welcome but no, you can't go horizontal there. Need to be above flood level of vented fixtures (toilet in this case). Also some don't want to see main stack horizontal. (45º counts as vertical)

Last edited:

CPD

Reaction score
Welcome but no, you can't go horizontal there. Need to be above flood level of vented fixtures (toilet in this case). Also some don't want to see main stack horizontal. (45º counts as vertical)
Thanks for the reply Stuff. I ended up going down the stack and putting in 45s for the offset.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks