2nd Floor Kids RR - Plumber - Double Check Work

Users who are viewing this thread

SumBuddy

Reaction score
First time posting. Doing a remodel on 2nd floor kids bathroom. 90’s style wood frame house in FL. Had separate door/room for tub, toilet, and vanity. Wanted to eliminate the 3 doors in 10sf area so spun shower 90deg and moved toilet in room w/ shower. Then added pocket door. Checked with plumber before demo and he said would be no problem.
I demo’s walls and pulled up subfloor. Hired a plumber to come out and reroute lines. During planning phase said would be using 45’s and should be no problem. He left his crew for the day and this is what they did…… lots of 90’s and a full 180 back to the vertical 3” drain line.
I’m not plumber, so just wanted to get opinions of this looks right. I asked the owner and he said there was load bearing wall framing between the vertical and where toilet was going so they had to route like this….. he wasn’t concerned. I did check and all the lines were pitched correctly.
Any thoughts before it is buttoned back up???

Attached photo and rough sketch. Terminology may not be correct for fittings….
1B98A147-5D4C-4E61-8F57-C0BD31ADF4E5.jpeg
58B502AF-6C6A-4029-B9D1-A78DD56FC367.jpeg
47B7A4E8-9A69-4855-AEDF-66EB57502E75.jpeg
6AF1309B-5F63-4176-91EF-36B88557F44B.jpeg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks good. Its a horizontally wet vented system. The number of 90's doesn't concern me in the slightest. As long as the piping is sloped properly then it will work just fine.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks good. Its a horizontally wet vented system. The number of 90's doesn't concern me in the slightest. As long as the piping is sloped properly then it will work just fine.
Agree looks good a bit more turns than desired . Let me ask you because Ive heard you mention inspectors in Seattle or the counties around there would they bust your nuts on the code 1002.3 upc allows 135 degree this has270 . maybe they dont concider this a trap arm? this is upc and not florida code Honestly Im ok with it , its a tough spot and generally clean work

SumBuddy

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I am happy with plumbers work. Just wanted to make sure before I buttoned up. I had also read the 135 upc rule, but wasn’t sure if that applied to this. I guess there is really no place to add a clean out anyways.
As long as correct fittings were used, vented correctly, and at proper pitch, I wouldn’t see why this would not work.
Thanks again for feedback.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks