2" pipe at well head discharging water when power off

Users who are viewing this thread

68malibu383

Reaction score
Saw this today on a 2013 house. Power to the home was not on (foreclosure) when I started the inspection but a large amount of water was discharging from a PVC pipe at the well head. The perspective buyer for the home said this had been the case every time he'd been to the home over the past few weeks. The lot, and surrounding land is very flat with a stream about 50' from the well. The PVC pipe pointed toward the stream but I never found the other end of it.

The power was restored while I was on-site and with water running in the home, the PVC pipe did not discharge water.

Any idea how/why this pipe had a constant flow of water to it or from it?

Attachments

• 002 (Large).JPG
    002 (Large).JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,032

Reach4

Reaction score
It would appear to be an artesian well.

Is this well in the part of Colorado that does not freeze? :)

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Artesian well.

I wouldn't have done the overflow like that.....too easy for the pvc to get broken and allow critters and contamination into the well

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you look at that picture closely, the PVC is broken and water is pouring out. I would not want water pouring out around the top of the well head. It needs to be properly repaired so that it drains away from the well head. You might need a well house to keep it from freezing and getting broken again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks