120v vs 240v tankless electric water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Robc0367

Reaction score
Hello,

The 6 gallon electric water heater in my wood shop sprung a leak the other day. I'm thinking of replacing it with a tankless/on demand electric unit. The 6 gal heater was 120v, 20amp breaker with 10 ga wire. I could install a 120v unit myself with just changing out the breaker. A 240v one would require me to get an electrician to do the wiring and breaker. I only have one sink for hand washing and occasionally rinsing out my spray gun which only requires warm, not hot water. This is just a hobby wood shop not a business so I'd like to keep costs reasonable.
There is no natural gas available so that's why I'm specifying electric. I'm in SE PA just north of Philly if that has any bearing on anything

Are there advantages to a 240v over a 120v ?
What brands seem to be the most reliable?

Thanks for any help
Rob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks