Search results

1. Pra Chek

Not able to fully rotate the shower valve to get hot water

Hello everyone, thanks for your inputs. It was very confusing for me as I was seeing whats underneath the tap handle for first time.
  2. Pra Chek

Not able to fully rotate the shower valve to get hot water

I recently moved into this home and I am guessing its a Delta faucet. I am unable to turn the shower faucet enough to get hot water in the shower. I removed the tap handle to see if I can adjust something to have the valve turn all the way so I can get hot water. I can see there is instruction...
  3. Pra Chek

Gap between vinyl plank floor and toilet bowl

Can I use this https://www.homedepot.com/p/DAP-ALEX-FLEX-10-1-oz-White-Premium-Molding-and-Trim-Sealant-18542/206034500 instead of elastomeric sealant?
  4. Pra Chek

Thank you @Reach4 for your response. Maximum gap is around the curved edges of toilet bowl, which is around 1/4 inch. Do you know is this sealant is easily removable incase if toilet has to be repaired or removed in future? Our toilet is back flush, toilet bowl has screws fastened to the floor...
  5. Pra Chek

I did vinyl plank flooring on top of existing tile floor in my bathroom. I did not know better and laid my flooring around the toilet and I did not do a great job of it. Hence I am left with a gap around the toilet bowl. The gap is not small enough around the curved edges of toilet bowl to close...
  6. Pra Chek

Shut off saddle valve

Using a cap sounds like decent idea. Thank you @jadnashua
  7. Pra Chek

Shut off saddle valve

I have a saddle valve used to connect from water line to RO. I am removing the RO, how can I safely disconnect the water connection(orange pipe) from saddle valve. I am trying to rotate the valve pin but can't seem to see water stopping. Please see the picture attached and suggest what I am...
  8. Pra Chek

Plumbing advice post new kitchen sink installation

@Jeff H Young You are right, I do not have a digital caliper and I am doing this for first time in my life. @Reach4 Thanks for responding. Is it the black thin pipe in the picture that is incorrectly fed to the disposer? I want to confirm the order of things you are suggesting Cut the...
  9. Pra Chek

@Reach4 I will be using the same disposal but the outlet will not be at same height as now because I am replacing existing sink with a newer one which has deeper tub. I am guessing the disposal outlet will come on the same side but a little lower so I have to do something to the soldered p-trap...
  10. Pra Chek

Hello Everyone, We are replacing our kitchen sink which is more deeper than existing one. This means that after the new sink is installed the position of insinkerator outlet to drain goes below the current position. I would suggestions on how I could connect the insinkerator outlet to drain. I...
  11. Pra Chek

Unscrew old sink p-trap

Thanks for your input guys, will not worry about it then,
  12. Pra Chek

Unscrew old sink p-trap

Please see the picture attached and suggest me. I am asking for help on how to unscrew the p-trap, I tried with a 14 inch pipe wrench and it doesn't rotate at all.
  13. Pra Chek

Unscrew old sink p-trap

I am replacing my bathroom sink and faucet. After removing the sink and faucet, I notice that the p-trap is very old. I am thinking of replacing it with a new pvc p-trap. Can anyone suggest how to unscrew and remove the old metal p-trap which doesn't have a grooves to hold with 14 inch pipe wrench?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks