Unscrew old sink p-trap

Users who are viewing this thread

Pra Chek

Reaction score
I am replacing my bathroom sink and faucet. After removing the sink and faucet, I notice that the p-trap is very old. I am thinking of replacing it with a new pvc p-trap. Can anyone suggest how to unscrew and remove the old metal p-trap which doesn't have a grooves to hold with 14 inch pipe wrench?

Reach4

Reaction score
Show us a photo that includes where the trap arm enters the wall.

Last edited:

Pra Chek

Reaction score
Please see the picture attached and suggest me. I am asking for help on how to unscrew the p-trap, I tried with a 14 inch pipe wrench and it doesn't rotate at all.

Attachments

• p-trap.jpg
    p-trap.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 181

Reach4

Reaction score
I expect that is soldered, but if you slide the escutcheon away from the wall, you might see in a bit.

What is the outer diameter of that pipe by the wall?

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
The chances of the drain on a new lavatory lining up with the old trap are remote. It will be easier to deal with removing the trap now rather than when the lav is installed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks