Search results

1. Chowsman

P-Trap Up

So this is not allowed?? The proposed configuration??
  2. Chowsman

P-Trap Up

Ok but this is connected to a bathtub above. Would it be ok in this case?
  3. Chowsman

P-Trap Up

I would like to push the p-trap up into the floor joists so I don't have to box it out. Is it ok to use two 90's that eventually connect into the stack? Or should I be using two 22.5's (sweeping corner)?
  4. Chowsman

P-Trap Not Under Shower

Thank-you for pointing out Drain-H, this might work. With Drain-H the p-trap would not be accessible in the future. My configuration allows me to shove something in the line and also access the p-trap.
  5. Chowsman

P-Trap Not Under Shower

I know you guys are sticklers for things but I am in a bit of a jam. I'm working in a Craftsman home built in 1912 on the upper floor above the kitchen. The client wanted a zero threshold shower but there is not enough room for a 2" p-trap below the Schulter flange. However there is an old...
  6. Chowsman

Unthread It

I want to take this off as shown with the blue oval. Do I need to heat up to preventing cracking? Any tips? Thanks
  7. Chowsman

Draining Sort Of (washing machine)

I'm still having an issue with water slightly coming out of the drain when the washer drains. I have a furnace on the other side of the wall that drains into the drain. Do you think if I could use something like Sioux Chief 2-inch Backwater Valve? Do you think I would have to switch to...
  8. Chowsman

Push P-Trap into floor joist?

The p-trap is to low for my liking. I'd like to push the p-trap into the floor joist (2x10) and then run it across about 20" down, turn and then to existing connection. Trying not to make a new connection in the stack as it's hard to access.
  9. Chowsman

Bathtub p-trap to low

The p-trap is to low for my liking. I'd like to push the p-trap into the floor joist (2x10) and then run it across about 20" down, turn and then to existing connection. Trying not to make a new connection in the stack as it's hard to access.
  10. Chowsman

New Sink for Bathroom

Thanks a lot, buy you a beer the next time I am in Seattle area. Be safe.
  11. Chowsman

New Sink for Bathroom

Hi Terry; so I took a pano of the room in question. So as you can see by the picture the Old Sink was on the other side of the room and ties into a 2" vent stack. There was also a sink on the other side of the wall. This stack (marked in Orange) goes up through the floor above extending beyond...
  12. Chowsman

New Sink for Bathroom

Semi-retired renovator. The reason I ask is that I removed a sink on the other side of the room which you can't see that was connected to another stack and there was no venting as you describe. The house was built in 69 so w=maybe the code has changed?
  13. Chowsman

New Sink for Bathroom

Not questioning your expertise but why does the sink need to be vented if it's only 2ft from the stack?
  14. Chowsman

New Sink for Bathroom

Please see the attached picture. I would like to add a sink in the location shown. I'm thinking it could be tied into the 2" stack coming down from the upper bathroom sink. What is the maximum distance from the stack the sink can be without adding a vent? Thanks
  15. Chowsman

What model of check-value did you install? Also, will the drain still work?
  16. Chowsman

So I have fixed the problem and one can only contemplate why this worked?? :-) I agree with Terry and what I have read that there could have been siphoning from the p-trap but this actually was not the problem I was posting about. The problem was when the laundry drained the floor drain which...
  17. Chowsman

Thank-you for the quick reply.
  18. Chowsman

The lines are brand new so there should be no blockage. Is there anyway there could be some sort of siphon effect, or something?
  19. Chowsman

I just moved the washer and dryer to the center of the home. As you can see by the pictures the run was long, about 15-16ft. I made sure of the correct slope. So I just hooked the washer up yesterday and when it drains a very small portion backs up from the floor drain as shown in the picture...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks