Search results

1. Jim Goodman

Brown water at only one location after softener regen - happened yesterday - happened one other time 2 years ago

JEG in Raleigh Active Member Supporting Member JoinedAug 18, 2022Messages32Reaction score3LocationRaleigh, NC Sunday at 3:00 PM Add bookmark #1 I have a mystery I'd like to figure out. I'm on a well with softener and other filtration: I have the following filtration/treatment on the system...
  2. Jim Goodman

Installing a softener and have questions about sediment accumulation and possible spindown pre-filter

I'm finishing up the installation of a new water heater (Rheem Marathon) and water softener for a 1 BR apartment I have over a free-standing garage. The old propane water heater had rusted out and I did away with the gas and converted to electric. The apartment is on a well and has not been...
  3. Jim Goodman

40/60 pressure swith is turning on at 20 and off at 40. What's going on?

My pressure tank is in a utility room in my house. I have a 44-gallon Well-X-Trol WX-250 pressure tank. The pressure tank was installed in 2012 while I was building the house, but did not come into use until 2016 when we moved in. I have a Cycle Stop Valve on my system immediately before the...
  4. Jim Goodman

Thought I had a bad GFCI but something else is going on - Help!

I need to give some background first: On my property, I have a freestanding garage with a 1 bedroom apt. over it. I use the garage as a workshop. It is separately metered and has a 200 amp service. The garage is a 3-car garage with a 16' wide overhead door and an 8' wide overhead door. It's...
  5. Jim Goodman

Question about 2-wire centrifugal pump, VFD and too small whole house generator

I have an 800' deep well that serves my house, with a 2-wire, 1hp Grundfos pump. This forum was very helpful in solving a problem I had a few years ago with the prior 1-1/2hp pump that was too large and quickly burned up. The advice I received led to the current 1 hp pump, along with a Cycle...
  6. Jim Goodman

Sudden change in water color & taste

Not sure if I'm in the right forum for this question because I'm not sure if this is a filtration problem or a plumbing problem, but I'd like to start here. This morning I had something unusual happen. After getting up, I went to brush my teeth and the water coming out of my sink in our MBA...
  7. Jim Goodman

Seldom used well with fine metalic-looking sediment

When we bought our property, it had a free-standing 3-car garage with a 1 BR apartment over it. This building has its own well. We subsequently built a new house on another part of the property and it has its own well. This garage apartment has not been used for about 9 years, other than the...
  8. Jim Goodman

How to shorten hose on Moen 7165 side sink sprayer

I have a Moen 7165 faucet with a side sprayer in my kitchen. The side sprayer hose is reinforced vinyl tubing and it is too long. It continually gets caught on the plumbing under the sink, and I have managed to put a small tear in the outer wall of the tubing from yanking on it over the past...
  9. Jim Goodman

16kw Generac Guardian generator will not run 1hp Grudfos well pump

I have a 16 kw Generac Guardian generator with an automatic transfer switch that is 2 years old. It's exercised every week. Today, for the first time since getting the generator, we lost power for about an hour. The high amperage loads in the house are a 2.5 ton heat pump, electric dryer...
  10. Jim Goodman

Need relay to turn on dosing pump for H2O2 injection into well water system

OK, here's the story: My water is supplied by a well. I have a water softener and 2 backwash filters on the system to treat the water. I did all the installation, so I'm knowledgeable about the system. Those filters and softeners do a good job of treating the water, but we also have sulfur smell...
  11. Jim Goodman

Can I use the hydrant on my residential well for my garden's drip irrigation?

Last year, I installed a cycle stop valve and cycle sensor and they both have been working great. We are finally doing some landscaping around our house and I want to put in a small vegetable garden. I want to use drip irrigation for the landscaping and vegetable garden. At most, I will have...
  12. Jim Goodman

25 amp dual pole breaker on 12/2 wire

I have a new 230V 1 hp, 10 gpm Grudfos pump that was just installed and set at 300'. My old pump was a 3/4 hp, 8 gpm pump, also set at 300'. The old pump never delivered enough volume. The electrician who wired the house ran 12/2 wire to energize the 3/4 hp pump, and it had a 20 amp dual...
  13. Jim Goodman

Pump start relay for 1 hp well pump for domestic water

Background......I'm having a 1 hp, 230 volt well pump installed to replace a 3/4 hp pump. The wire running from the panel to the well is not large enough to handle the 25 amp breaker required by the well pump. For that and other reasons, (My meter base is remote from the house and accessible...
  14. Jim Goodman

New, larger well pump installed - too large for current wiring

I have an 800' deep well with an 8" casing. The water level is 30' below the top of the casing. When the house was built, the well contractor installed a 230 volt, 3/4 hp well pump that put out 8 gal/minute that was set at 300'. The well pump was failing and never provided enough water. So, I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks