Search results

1. Lou N

Tank order for water softener system pH neutralizer/iron or reverse?

All, I'm refreshing our water softener system and I wanted to double check on the tank order. Right now it's setup as follows: Well Water - pH neutralizer - iron removal - resin tank - house supply. We have a heavy concentration of iron in the water so I'm wondering if it's correct to have the...
  2. Lou N

Soda Ash Injection Pump Problem

All, My elderly neighbor asked me to look at his soda ash injection pump which apparently was running continiously. I haven't dealt with anything like this before so I thought I would ask here. My advice to him was to contact a plumber, but for my knowledge what would cause a pump like this to...
  3. Lou N

Leaking Furnace Gas Valve?

All, I occasionally smell natural gas around the inside of our furnace, sometimes after I lower the thermostat when the heat has been running, other times after the furnace hasn't been running at all. The gas company has been out to check it a couple of times w/o any luck. I did replace the...
  4. Lou N

Considering a well storage tank...questions/best practices

I'm considering the installation of a 650 gallon storage tank to supplement our well system. I found a tank that I can place on the exterior pad, just on the other side of the wall from where our current pressure tank is setup. 1. Would a submersible pump be as good as a booster pump? I'm not...
  5. Lou N

Well water pressure issue, pump cycles up in three segments

All, Recently we have noticed that our water pressure is dropping to zero at the faucet after running a hose for fifteen minutes or so. After the hose is shut off the pressure comes back fairly quickly. Today I checked the well pressure tank and it's reading correctly (28 psi on a 30 psi...
  6. Lou N

Hot water copper line corrosion at SS Flex connection

All, A few months ago I installed a new electric hot water heater. Yesterday I noticed corrosion at the connection between the SS flex and the copper pipe on the outlet side. I thought the SS flex was lined with plastic to prevent that; it appears the corrosion is between the brass and the...
  7. Lou N

Well Pump Check Valve, Air in the Lines, or something else?

All, A little background: we are on a well and in the last six months or so we sometimes get air exiting from our upstairs faucet or toilet first thing in the morning. A few months ago I replaced the hot water heater and installed a new sink in the basement with Liberty Pump to drain the sink...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks