Search results

1. CanadianSal

Sump Pump

Based on feedback from the forum, there was a suggestion that a high water table might displace this basin once its put in place. I took a look at the neighbour's setup, and he has a sump pump adjacent to the sewage pit. So I am thinking I will do the same - as I have seen water rise and receed...
  2. CanadianSal

Sewage Basin

I am dry fitting the sewage basin. Based on the position of the discharge line and the hole in the basin, this is what I am ending up with. The basin is protruding about 4 inches above the floor. Is this normal or shoud I find a way to lower the discharge line? Appreciate your advice.
  3. CanadianSal

Electrical Wire proximity

Would this situation be legal? There is about 3" between the ABS and the wire.
  4. CanadianSal

Sewage Ejector Set Up

Wondering if I can get some feedback on this set up before I start glueing things together. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thsi will all be ABS piping. I am also tryong to figure out with type of fitting will give me the slope at the top - the red circle.
  5. CanadianSal

ABS or PVC for Sewage Ejector Pump

I am in Ontario. Should I be using PVC or ABS for my Sewage Ejector Pump? The Home depot recommended ABS, but I have seen videos online with PVC.
  6. CanadianSal

Venting for Basement Toilet

I am now trying to figure out the venting for my sewage ejector pump. I broke the ceiling over the pit if there was anything thre - its empty. I broke a hole in the room cieling adjacent - about 3 feet away from the sewage basin, and found the picture attached. I belive this is the vent - it is...
  7. CanadianSal

Sewage Ejector

I am in the process of installing my sewage basin in the basement. See picture attached. 3 questions: 1. How much gravel and how much concrete do I need to put around the bin? Should the concrete be about the same thickness as the basement floor? 2. I will be plumbing the pump to go straigh up...
  8. CanadianSal

High Water Table

I have a septic pit in the basement and i am about to install a basin. This is a new installation. During the winter months the pit was constantly filling up with water - I actually installed a temporary sump pump and it was going every 1/2 hour or so. The pit has remained dry all summer. I am...
  9. CanadianSal

Sewage Pit

My home sits on a Septic System. The basement has a roughed in Toilet and Shower. In searching for the Pit, I found it in the next room - concreted over and unmarked. This house is about 30 years old. I finally found the hollow spot and found the pit. Its filled with Water. The Water actually...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks