Sewage Ejector

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by CanadianSal, Nov 15, 2019.

1. CanadianSal

CanadianSal New Member

I am in the process of installing my sewage basin in the basement. See picture attached.
    3 questions:

1. How much gravel and how much concrete do I need to put around the bin? Should the concrete be about the same thickness as the basement floor?
    2. I will be plumbing the pump to go straigh up the the ceiling and then install a 90 degree turn to move it o the main sewer line. The sewer line is about 10 feet away. My question, how do I get the pipe to slope if I plan on using a 90 degree connector? Is the 90 degree connector my only option.
    3. The sewage pump states that the Check valve has to be installed horizontally. But the guy at the Home Depot says I can do this vertically. Help please

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  2. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
    Put the stones back and pour 2" of concrete. If you're using PVC for the drain it will flex enough to give you 1/4" per foot. If you're using a spring check valve it can be installed horizontally or vertically.
    I would replace the 90 with 2-45 degree fittings.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    CanadianSal likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

CanadianSal likes this.
  4. CanadianSal

CanadianSal New Member

Thanks James - sorry I am probaby playing above my league here, but can you explain how I will use the 2 45's?

5. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
    Put a 45 on the end of the vertical pipe. Glue a small section of pipe to that then glue the other 45 on that and you get a 90 degree turn but a smoother turn.

CanadianSal likes this.