Sewage Ejector

Users who are viewing this thread

CanadianSal

Reaction score
I am in the process of installing my sewage basin in the basement. See picture attached.
3 questions:

1. How much gravel and how much concrete do I need to put around the bin? Should the concrete be about the same thickness as the basement floor?
2. I will be plumbing the pump to go straigh up the the ceiling and then install a 90 degree turn to move it o the main sewer line. The sewer line is about 10 feet away. My question, how do I get the pipe to slope if I plan on using a 90 degree connector? Is the 90 degree connector my only option.
3. The sewage pump states that the Check valve has to be installed horizontally. But the guy at the Home Depot says I can do this vertically. Help please

Attachments

• IMG_20191115_101154.jpg
    IMG_20191115_101154.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Put the stones back and pour 2" of concrete. If you're using PVC for the drain it will flex enough to give you 1/4" per foot. If you're using a spring check valve it can be installed horizontally or vertically.
I would replace the 90 with 2-45 degree fittings.

Last edited:

CanadianSal

Reaction score
Put the stones back and pour 2" of concrete. If you're using PVC for the drain it will flex enough to give you 1/4" per foot. If you're using a spring check valve it can be installed horizontally or vertically.
I would replace the 90 with 2-45 degree fittings.

Thanks James - sorry I am probaby playing above my league here, but can you explain how I will use the 2 45's?

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Put a 45 on the end of the vertical pipe. Glue a small section of pipe to that then glue the other 45 on that and you get a 90 degree turn but a smoother turn.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks