Search results

1. NDL

Back to Back sink supply line challenge

That's what I thought. Nice neat job on the soldering, OP.
  2. NDL

What is this? Manhole/drain?

I used to live in Rock Hill, SC. I am pretty sure that the County regulates the distance between septic system and wells; I would check with them.
  3. NDL

Clogged kitchen sink. HELP!

No...what the handyman used is appropriate for your clogged drain. *** Whenever a person encounters something for the first time, it can sound confusing, costly, or dangerous. There's no magic shortcut to learning and obtaining knowledge :). After this experience is cleared up, you'll be...
  4. NDL

Clogged kitchen sink. HELP!

The "yikes" part is because when you use lye...I don't know how to word it, but it can remain in the pipes (if it doesn't get rid of the clog). The "yikes" part comes as a result of - if you use a hanger, an auger, a plunger, etc, to unclog the drain, the action might cause of the lye to splash...
  5. NDL

Stress Cracks In Garden Apt Bathtub

Thank you both, for your replies. I did just what you suggested: That is exactly what the maintenance team said. Many thanks for the education; I thought the sight of a stress crack was the death knell of the tub. It turns out that the cracks are surface only, and action is only necessary...
  6. NDL

Stress Cracks In Garden Apt Bathtub

I am a big (and tall) guy, whose never had a problem with a metal tub; steel, cast iron, etc My current garden apartment rental - of 3 weeks - built in the mid 1980's, has a plastic bathtub. Tonight I noticed several small stress cracks developing (3), and I am beside myself. *If* and *when*...
  7. NDL

Can Anyone Recommend Boots?

Thorogood boots; Carolina boots...Timberland Pro's are also okay.
  8. NDL

Reverse Osmosis vs. Water Filtration System

I am assuming that you're on City water (as opposed to having your own well)? If so, I don't know why you'd need a permeate pump (?) Is your water pressure low? *** I installed an RO unit at my home, and I am a DIY'er. No pump. The total install - first time ever - ran around 2-2.5 hrs, and...
  9. NDL

Help Please! Broken toilet flange bolt! Wife is mad!

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/striped-screws-on-toilet-flange.17455/
  10. NDL

New York City tap water seasonal temperatures

This is normal. I am not talking down to you in saying this, but think about it: NYC's water comes from a series of reservoirs. In the summer, the temperature of the water might in the reservoirs might be 70-80 degrees. From there, as someone else noted, it might be stored in a rooftop...
  11. NDL

What's The Best Way To Unclog A Bathtub Drain?

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully, someone will chime in with a chemical product, otherwise the mechanical route will have to do.
  12. NDL

What's The Best Way To Unclog A Bathtub Drain?

I am almost embarrassed to write this, as my problem is seemingly small, common, and self explanatory. However :)... We're relocating to a new City, and for the time being, plan on taking a garden apartment. In every apartment that I have lived in, the apartment is always delivered with a...
  13. NDL

:::Is There An Easy Way To Explain A Heat Pump?

Thank you for including a well written article. Thus far, I detest heat pumps; as it grows colder, the mechanism must work constantly in an effort to maintain a comfortable living space, which translates into an astronomical electric bill at the end of the month. I have lived in several...
  14. NDL

Thank you both, for your replies. Here's how I understand an A/C unit to work: freon is circulated via a coil; the refrigerant is cold, therefore the coil that the refrigerant is passed through is cold. When air is passed over the coil, it cools the air. Is this correct? An workings of an...
  15. NDL

I appreciate your time and explanation...I don't know why I am having such a hard time understanding the concept of a heat pump :). I did understand your piston air compressor example, but the heat pump eludes me.
  16. NDL

I am originally from NY, and I had never heard of a heat pump until I moved to NC. All I can say about them, is that the warmed air that they produce isn't hot enough, and that they use quite a bit of energy. I looked online, and I still can't comprehend how these things work. Is there an...
  17. NDL

Should I Replace this cast iron (is it rusted out?)

I am not a plumber, nor am I a tradesperson, so my advice might not be at the level of what others post. That said, in my experience, I have painted CI with white rustoleum. A fresh coat of paint, and a week or two usage, will quickly point to any issues (if there are any).
  18. NDL

:::Best Toilet Water Spot/Bowl Wash?

Thank you both, for your replies. The short time that I have been on this forum, has taught me a lot. Thanks!
  19. NDL

:::Best Toilet Water Spot/Bowl Wash?

Good afternoon everyone! In reading up on current toilets, I noted the excellent flushing performance of several models. Something that is seldom discussed, however, are toilets with a large water spot in the bowl, and the ability of the toilet to wash debris off of their sides, after each...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks