Search results

1. Beth W.

Softener, Yikes, what should we do?

My sister's water heater died- no hot water! She has not yet installed a new water softener or a Katalox light filter for her hard water, iron, manganese and sediment. Toilet tanks sides have black/red slime coating. If she sanitizes the plumbing/has the well and plumbing shocked with...
  2. Beth W.

A Progress Report on my Sister's house in NY and a Request for Suggestions for my House in MA

Progress Report: My sister found an independent plumber willing and able to install whatever water treatment she orders! I last posted in April. House located in rural NY, built in the 1860's, stacked stone basement, hard well water, etc. Thank you to forum members dittohead and Reach4...
  3. Beth W.

Bock oil-fired water heater, 32 gal., low boy

Hello. Where in or near Binghamton, NY can my sister, or a plumber, buy a new, not new old stock, Bock oil-fired water heater, 32 gal., low boy to replace the same model from the 1970s or 80s? Where is the local Bock distributor? It's on its last legs. The local plumbers and fuel oil...
  4. Beth W.

The Search Saga or What's up with not being able to meet the requests of the customer?

Relax, have a glass of milk and a cookie, this is a long one... Hi, this is Beth W. from the thread on April 17th. "Too Much Water Treatment for Well Water Results?" Karlabs: Calcium 46.3 mg/L, Manganese 0.189 mg/L Iron 0.38 mg/L Sulfur, total, by ICP 5.4 mg/L Alkalinity (CaCO3) 194 mg/L...
  5. Beth W.

Too Much Water Treatment for Well Results?

It is wonderful to read these threads and to have solutions to so many water softener problems. I wonder if my sister is getting the correct well water treatment system based on the lab results. Are they over-treating the water? I'm posting since she is still learning to use a computer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks