Search results

1. Jrstevens

Water becomes corrosive if pre-treated with Chlorine or H2O2

Thanks Reach4. I'm more concerned with leaks eventually forming on the copper pipes. The discoloration could be considered green mixed with other colors. I suspect there is a high rate of deteriation of the anode rod, but I don't have a test kit for that metal. The rush of discoloration...
  2. Jrstevens

Hello dittohead, Lab report attached. This is the raw water test before any treatment. Apologies for not attaching it in the beginning, but I thought it might confuse things. The system order after the pump & pressure tank is - 1. 5 micron sediment filter 2. stenner econ fp injection system...
  3. Jrstevens

Thanks. Through a combination of sample testing, flushing several hundred gallons of water, and time between the two, I don't believe there was any possibility of crossover. Would you be able to please expand on UV being inappropriate for treating SRB? I can't find anything online. I actually...
  4. Jrstevens

Hello water pro, When the sulfur smell returns in the house, the smell will be on both hot & cold. I can alleviate the smell on the hot side by turning the heater temp up to 140 degrees. I forgot to mention another symptom when the water is pre-treated with chlorine or peroxide - the house...
  5. Jrstevens

Hello, I've got a strange issue where my well water becomes corrosive if I treat it with either Chlorine or peroxide. I inject enough to get a residual (.5ppm-1ppm chlorine or 4ppm+ for peroxide). The residual is then removed via 2 cubic feet of catalytic carbon. The water ph is around 7.3 and...
  6. Jrstevens

Tannins or something else?

Thanks dittohead. I've been researching injection pumps and contact tanks. The Stenner Econ FP 4.5 GPD pump with a 15 gallon tank and a 2PPG water meter looks good from what I can tell. Any thoughts on a contact tank brand and size? I see Clack has an 80 gallon (RT80) and a 120 gallon (RT120)...
  7. Jrstevens

Tannins or something else?

Hello, Please see the attached pics. The bottle on the right with the slight tint is treated well water (sediment -> catalytic carbon -> softener). The bottle on the left is the same water but with 2 ml of 6% bleach after 10-20 minutes. There is no settling of sediment at the bottom of the...
  8. Jrstevens

Treated water smells of sulfur and becomes dark gray

I'm in western Palm Beach County. What follows below is the sum of talking to three well drillers. I can only trust their experience as I cannot verify any of it myself. The preferred well depth varies significantly across Palm Beach County. Even within the same zip code the limestone depth...
  9. Jrstevens

Thanks for the ideas. Much appreciated! To clarify, it is a feeder, not a dropper. It is designed for pressurized lines. The instructions document the theory of operation - https://www.cleanwaterstore.com/technical/water-treatment-manuals/Model-400-Chemical-Feeder.pdf
  10. Jrstevens

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I also appreciate your patience while I try to understand everything. If I'm reading the sanitation procedure correctly, it depends on a water supply being available after the well cap is open. My water supply will stop the moment I cut the cap off. I do have...
  11. Jrstevens

The chlorinator is indeed before the carbon. The carbon is the last treatment before water enters the house. There is no contact tank currently. All of the drilled wells I've seen in the area look like mine. The water treatment equipment varies quite a bit though. I appreciate the idea you...
  12. Jrstevens

The chlorine pellet feeder is in the current setup. It sits between the water softener and the carbon filter. Interestingly enough, I set it to its max setting of 60PPM of injection, put the carbon filter in bypass, and tried sanitizing the indoor plumbing with chlorine. Even at max setting, I...
  13. Jrstevens

Thanks for the feedback Reach4. I re-used the shallow well jet pump for the new well. The well depth is 117', but the water table is only 10' or 15'. The well is caped with a cemented PVC cap. I would have to cut and re-cement to access it. I have a separate test from a different lab that...
  14. Jrstevens

Greetings, I recently had a new well drilled. I hooked it up to existing equipment with the plan to get a water test and purchase new equipment. The treated water was acceptable for a couple of weeks, then sulfur smell started to creep in. It has only gotten worse. I'm hoping to get advice on...
  15. Jrstevens

Need to re-route sink drain but only fittings are exposed

Thank you both for the advice! The Pipe Parana tool looks interesting. I also noticed the "Pipe Hog" tool while researching the Pipe Parana. If I go this route, I'll glue-up some test fittings just to try out and get used to the tool first. One additional question - would an internal PVC...
  16. Jrstevens

Need to re-route sink drain but only fittings are exposed

Hello, I have a double tub stainless steel kitchen sink that I'd like to swap out for a single tub unit. I can either get one where the drain is centered or offset to the right. The drain connections look problematic though. It is all fittings where I would need to re-route it. All the new...
  17. Jrstevens

Shallow well jet pump failing to reach cutoff

When I removed the cleanout port bolt there was a solid wall of material behind it. It was so packed and perfectly formed that for a second I thought the port was a blank and the material behind the bolt was part of the cast iron housing. I poked it with the hanger wire and water began shooting...
  18. Jrstevens

Thank you both for the feedback. I had to turn down the pressure switch even further shortly after posting, so that is the 3rd time. Cleaning the nozzle/jet/venturi - It is interesting that the owner's manual PDF does not explicitly label the clean-out port on the SN series part diagram, only...
  19. Jrstevens

Hello all, I have a STA-RITE (model SNE-L, 1HP) shallow well jet pump that is progressively getting worse at reaching its cutoff pressure. The pump was purchased in May'14. The pressure switch was left at its default setting (30/50 I believe). The pressure switch had to be turned down in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks