Search results

1. Loneriver

PVC-to-metal leak at coupler

Hi. I've used this forum often for my indoor plumbing issues but this is the first time I've tried it for an irrigation. Thank you in advance. I have an underground pvc pipe that feeds an outdoor faucet. I dug up the area and see the following (pictures attached): 1. PVC pipe goes into a...
  2. Loneriver

Toilet flange gasket? What is this?

Hi, I just pulled up my toilet in my 60 year old house to replace it and found this underneath. The setup from top to bottom was toilet sitting a wax ring with the built-in black flange, on top of a black plastic flange. That plastic flange was sitting on some type of material fiber ring...
  3. Loneriver

Faucet drain pipe leaking between P trap and stub out

Hi all, I installed a new vanity in the bathroom and am replacing the p trap to the new sink. I might be using the wrong terms so please bear with me. The current setup is a stub out made of metal. Attached to that is a black PVC trap arm. The part that angles down to the p trap is flared...
  4. Loneriver

Identify toilet parts

Hi. I am in the process of replacing the wax ring on my toilet this morning. When I turned off the water and then disconnected the inlet hose from the toilet I noticed on the ground a small washer and a large rubber auger-shaped piece. I had turned my head so I can't be 100% sure they came...
  5. Loneriver

Toilet flange about 1/4" below new floor level

I just put in a new laminate floor in my bathroom. Now my floor is about 1/4" taller than the toilet flange. I really want to install correctly because the previous toilet had some type of seal leak at the flange and discolored the surrounding linoleum. I have purchased two solutions and want...
  6. Loneriver

Attaching new PVC drainpipe to copper stub out

I just removed an old bathroom vanity, sink, and plumbing back to the wall in a house built in 1964. The existing connection from the wall was a brass piece that threaded into the stubout. The existing drainpipe was chrome and was sweated in to the brass piece. I am not going to sweat any new...
  7. Loneriver

Best complete, elongated, tall toilet under $200

Hi. I am replacing an old toilet for a bathroom remodel because of stains in the bowl. Here are the things that are important to me: 1. Watersense 2. Elongated 3. Tall chair height 4. Under $200 including seat Like most people researching toilets for the first time I went straight to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks