Search results

1. Slugboy6000

How to plug hole in well casing

I'm wondering how to plug a ~1" hole in my well casing where the pitless adapter pokes through. Removing the pitless adapter would give a bailer more room to pass by. It's a 6" steel casing and the pitless is only a foot below grade. Any suggestions?
  2. Slugboy6000

Looking for a durable valve to restrict flow

My mom's municipality asks her to run a trickle of water all winter due to a shallow supply line that would otherwise freeze. The trickle is controlled by a globe valve that I've had to replace twice in the last few years. They fail to shut off in the spring due to seat pitting. I don't know if...
  3. Slugboy6000

bleeder valves and weep holes

Hello, I'm looking for a way to drain my plumbing back into my well. It's a simple setup where I'd like to manually control my submersible well pump so that I can fill an open tank with water in freezing temps and let the plumbing drain itself between uses. I'm assuming that the bleeder type...
  4. Slugboy6000

Outdoor service panel siding attachment

Can an outdoor service panel be mounted to the outward face of vertical battens where I have board and batten siding? This would create a 1" gap behind the panel in some areas due to the profile of the siding. I don't know what code specifies. All of the interior service panels that I've seen...
  5. Slugboy6000

Extension cords vs home wiring (noob question)

Is there a risk when running long extension cords with high amp tools off of standard house wiring? I use a 50 ft, 12 gauge extension cord with my 15 amp power tools, but often consider that homes are often wired with a smaller 14 gauge wire (?). I've seen plugs melt on extension cords which...
  6. Slugboy6000

Plumbing allowed behind electrical panel?

Can plumbing run through the studs behind a surface mounted electrical panel? I've been reading up on the required unobstructed space in front of, above and below a panel. If my surface mount panel sits at shoulder height, can I run copper pipe through the studs closer to the floor? (I'm...
  7. Slugboy6000

Extending underground service cable

Hello, I'm thinking about having my outbuildings service panel moved further away from the utility pole. The service cable is buried. Would the electrician be able to splice on an additional length of cable, or would it require an entirely new length of cable from the transformer to the...
  8. Slugboy6000

Burying water line into bedrock

Hello, I have a drilled well with a 6" x 20' steel casing. Due to shallow bedrock, the pitless adapter is installed at only 12" below grade. That's not deep enough to prevent freezing here in Ontario. How insane would it be to chisel down through some bedrock and sink my water line below...
  9. Slugboy6000

Valve id, repair/replacement options

Hello! I was hoping someone could help identify a valve and recommend a repair or replacement (image attached). The valve mechanism itself is failing, causing drips at the end of the line. I'm assuming mineral buildup is the problem as the valve is kept partly open for months of the year to...
  10. Slugboy6000

Gutting a tub spout

Hello, I was wondering if I could rip the plastic guts out of a push fit spout and use it as a threaded style? I installed a new tub spout that throws water in a wide cone pattern and back onto the wall tile. Messy. To replace it, I got my hands on a long heavy spout (Pfister 920-911A), but...
  11. Slugboy6000

Back-to-back tile shower faucet repair

Hello, I've got a back to back tile shower with one side opened up for repairs. With a gaping hole staring back at me, I've got a few questions and am hoping for some opinions. The two-handled faucet on the open side was previously repaired with PEX fittings (wasn't me). Although it's...
  12. Slugboy6000

How to drain water out of pipe

Hello. First timer to the forum here hoping to get some advice. My drilled well is about eight feet from a small uninsulated shed where my bladder-type pressure tank is located. The PEX water line between the well and the shed is buried. I'd like to be able drain the water line where it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks