Search results

1. zaius

New Bathroom / Laundry Room in the Basement

I can change out the 1/4 bend myself with a long sweep but I think the 3" pipe might be out of my element. sigh. I don't know how to fix it with such tight spacing. I didn't notice it until he left. I asked him to come back but I don't think he's coming back. I'm ok with the washing...
  2. zaius

Ok got it roughed in for now. Vent will be done after I'm done framing. I've tested the fixtures by pouring water down the standoffs. Everything works fine and nothing leaks. The only thing bugging me is in the last photo... the pipe was forced into the fitting in a weird angle to get around...
  3. zaius

http://www.buildingcode.online/1076.html seems like it is acceptable in Ontario.
  4. zaius

thanks Wayne! I really hope he knows what is allowed lol. Could I just suggest he tie it into the vent as shown below? Red = I think this is what he's going to do. Purple = existing drain Yellow = possible tie in so it's no longer a wet vent? I really don't want the toilet gurgling at any...
  5. zaius

Update: I got a plumber to come over to layout the floor. He is telling me that I can wet vent the toilet from the laundry sink + washing machine. I just wanna double check that this is ok, and there won't be any issues when someone flushes the toilet and the washing machine is running...
  6. zaius

Thanks Wayne. That makes sense. I got more digging done today. Things that I've noticed: 1) I went "past" the floor drain and couldn't figure out how the floor drain connects into the clay pipe. Would it be at a 45 deg angle? I will probably dig around the floor drain later this week to...
  7. zaius

Ok. Will do and will report back. :)
  8. zaius

Well, I did some exploratory digging and it seems like my clay drain is not going straight to the floor drain as I first assumed. Before I randomly break up my floor for the plumber, is there a suggestion on how I can connect the shower/laundry sink/tub as it is sits so close to the existing...
  9. zaius

I don't have many options in my basement given the window/plumbing stacks/etc. I'll probably stick up a half or full wall for the toilet so it's not that bad.
  10. zaius

Awesome! Thanks, yes it'll be a laundry sink. Now I have a good understanding of how much of my basement floor needs to be broken. This is going to be a lot of work.
  11. zaius

Thanks James. Is there a reason for the change? Is the sink preferred to have the wet vent than a shower?
  12. zaius

I can't... the main floor is already finished. I would have considered it though!
  13. zaius

Thanks James! Is this what you are suggesting (attached)? Will the 1.5" copper vent be able to handle this many fixtures?
  14. zaius

Sure thing. I drafted up a couple additional sketches. Hope this conveys what I'd like to do.
  15. zaius

Hi all, I'm trying to layout a new bathroom/laundry room in the basement. I will be hiring a plumber but I would like to know if my layout is feasible. I'm located in Toronto, Canada. Above the location is an existing kitchen drain, giving me access to a copper vent and drain. Currently...
  16. zaius

Kitchen Drain Re-routing... Help please.

Thanks guys. I think I'll remove some of the drywall tonight to see what I'm dealing with. Would this design work? I am going with Terry's suggestion of venting from the top of the sanitee/trap arm. At least that what I think he's suggesting. :oops:
  17. zaius

Thanks guys. I don't think I have much room against the wall, but I'll check. It's not that simple working with a plaster + gypsum mixed wall.
  18. zaius

I am currently remodelling my kitchen and would like to re-route my kitchen drain. I am a rookie in terms of plumbing knowledge. My existing kitchen drain is 1-1/2" copper and goes through a kitchen base cabinet, rendering that space pretty much useless. I will like to place a cabinet right...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks