Search results

1. mammoth

Second-floor bathroom connecting to first floor/basement drain. New vent for first floor bathroom?

Hi, folks. I think I discovered an issue with my (almost finished) new second-floor bathroom. I’m putting a new vent stack in for the second-floor bathroom, but I am taking the drain from that bathroom and sending it down to join an existing drain in the basement. This means that it joins a...
  2. mammoth

Final plumbing, second floor bathroom

OK, guys. It’s the final step for my second-floor bathroom. It’s a very old house, circa 1900. I have a bathroom that is roughly 5’ x 8’. One end is the sink and toilet. The other end is the tub. In the wall behind the sink and toilet (which are spaced in their 5 feet width dimensions according...
  3. mammoth

Tub/shower replacement lessons learned

Hi, guys. Just a couple of notes from a tub/shower and surround wall replacement that I did at my mother’s. For many of you this will probably be old news, but it may help someone who’s new looking at this forum. My mother’s guest tub had a 10 inch long crack in it and was unusable. I offered...
  4. mammoth

Replacing tub—keep Tile surround or replace?

(Feel free to skip to the last paragraph if this background information is too much. Brevity is not my strong suit, but sometimes background info gives someone a background detail that I don’t realize is important) Hi, folks. My mother moved into a condo 11 years ago and has never used the...
  5. mammoth

Plumbing Design for new 2nd floor bath--which one?

Hello all, I'm building a 2nd floor master bath (in empty space, nothing there before, a home from 1900), and I'm designing the drains. Here are pics--they're not totally to scale, but I listed room dimensions. The "Bath-Layout" pic is the actual birds-eye layout. The "Drains-without-sink" pic...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks