Search results

1. Michael Young

Yes, I know. a weird question

I did a service call today for a military veteran. This lady lost both of her legs at the knees. She is also missing both hands. So she has some difficult challenges. So she uses WIPES because it is difficult to clean herself after using the restroom. As a result she uses A LOT of wipes and it...
  2. Michael Young

Well wire

the well is 500 feet deep we're going to set the pump at 420-feet we're going to use 1" black well pipe a 3/4" pump 12-gauge wire 12-gauge? or will I need to increase to 10-gauge at this length?
  3. Michael Young

Access from the front

How are you guys accessing shower valves when there is another shower on the wall behind - so you can't just cut sheetrock for access.
  4. Michael Young

Stinky Water COLD SIDE.

Customer says hot water smells like egg. So we yanked the anode rod and replace it with a zinc anode rod. The guy said that worked almost immediately. Then he calls back to tell me the smell is back. I'm at his house yesterday. the hot water was fine; no odors. But the COLD WATER SIDE has an...
  5. Michael Young

Floor Sink

Installing a floor sink. The plans call for PLASTIC!! I like a METAL floor sink with a robust lip that drops into the space easily. I'm not a fan of plastic. Too easy for someone to crack. You guys have any favorite model floor that has earned your approval as your standard go-to? Hoping my...
  6. Michael Young

Mobile home strapping

The spacing of the metal beams in a mobile home are approx. 10-feet intervals. My pipe has to be strapped every four feet. To solve the problem, my guys put a piece of 10-foot 2x4 to span between the two metal beams. that allows them to strap every four feet. Works just fine for inspection. But...
  7. Michael Young

ELECTRICAL QUESTION

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-220V-Micro-Hydro-Water-Turbine-Generator-1000W-/153998999638 want to install in a robust stream. it's about 10'feet wide and has good flow. when they say 1000watts, what does that mean? I just want to know how much power this stupid thing is going to generate...
  8. Michael Young

300 foot well pump

Took a call for a well pump. Homeowner says the problem started about a month ago. They have a 6GPM pump installed in a 300 foot well with a 30-gallon pressure tank. The well house and pressure equipment is 200-feet from the house. Somebody else has already been out there to troubleshoot. They...
  9. Michael Young

Mobile Home Plumbing

Distance requirement, septic tank to mobile home? building drain can be 3" pipe at 10' off the foundation at 10'+ the building sewer must be 4" does this rule apply on septic tanks? In my area, they're piping 3" pipe all the way to the septic
  10. Michael Young

Horking Tough Toilet

bidding on an apartment complex. Looking for a heavy duty indestructible toilet. Owner is distracted by the $88 toilet-in-a-box. Any suggesting on a toilet, decent price point. Heavy boned enough to stand up to apartment complex drunks and crackheads?
  11. Michael Young

FIRE SPRINKLERS

I'm doing my research right now. I'm looking to purchase a 75,000 square foot apartment building. There was a fire that gutted one unit and halfway enfulfed two others. The majority of the building was untouched by the fire, but there is smoke damage. The problem. Although the fire was VERY...
  12. Michael Young

Flushable wipes? SEWER MACHINE for flushable wipes?

FLUSHABLE WIPES What's the best head you guys use to shred these damn things. I pulled a wad a flushable wipes out yesterday as long and thick around as my arm. Do you guys know of a head that will cut through? My experience is that no matter what head we use, the flushable wipes end up wound...
  13. Michael Young

Match for shower valve

Anybody have any idea who mfg. is for this shower valve
  14. Michael Young

Poorly plumbed kitchen sink

So here it is. The homeowner doesn't have the money to pay to have the pipes cut out and installed properly. No trap, no vent So I found this weird thing at a UK website. looks like it will do the trick. Except in the UK, they use millimeters. I need a 1-1/2 version of this manufactured...
  15. Michael Young

Underslab leak detection

who sells the best equipment?
  16. Michael Young

ROUGH IN MEASUREMENTS

HERE ARE MINE. I SEE LOTS OF QUESTIONS HERE ABOUT ROUGH MEASUREMENTS. MAYBE TERRY CAN CREATE A ROUGH-IN DOCUMENT Deep Bowl Sink 16" Rough for Drain 20" Rough for water/8" spread Regular Stainless Steel Sink 18" Rough for Drain 22" Rough For water/8" spread Lavatory 16" Rough for Drain 20"...
  17. Michael Young

HOMEMADE TOOLS, and best tricks

Guys, if you've been doing this for very long at all, you've probably had to manufacture tools to get some of your jobs done. Any clever ideas you care to share? I'll go first super-long drill bit. I had to drill through almost 5-feet of block. So I bought a brand new bit and took it to the...
  18. Michael Young

ESTIMATING SOFTWARE

What software are you guys using for your estimates? We've been using JOIST (free online) for quite a few years. Need something with a little more muscle for some of our larger projects
  19. Michael Young

Dumping Laundry Waste onto the ground

There used to be a provision in the code that allowed grey water from clothes washer to be discharged directly onto the ground. Homeowner in 134-year-old home is currently piped to dump laundry waste outside on to the ground. She would like to continue dumping the waste water onto the ground...
  20. Michael Young

10" toilet rough.Messed up rough

I had two guys doing a rough and they messed up the rough for a toilet. They roughed the thing at 9-1/2" and I need it roughed at 12-1/2". Does anybody know if it's even possible to buy a 3" offset flange. Yes, it's got concrete poured around it now. If I can't get an offset, we're going to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks