Search results

1. Brenda_MD

Setting medium for shower pan

We had a fiberglass tub/shower unit like the one in this picture removed and are converting over to a shower only. My tile person highly recommended that the plumber set the shower pan using Structolite. From his experience, it provides a much more stable base under the shower pan without the...
  2. Brenda_MD

Does softened water always feel slippery when you shower?

We have a softener system for our well water. I have not been happy with our water for years because there was always the mineral buildup around faucets, glasses spotted, etc. When we had a plumbing job done recently, I mentioned this to the plumber. He checked the water hardness and found it...
  3. Brenda_MD

Still have mineral buildup in toilets, what to do next?

We are in the process of redoing our bathrooms. Amazingly, my biggest problem is what toilet to purchase. Our current toilets are American Standard purchased back in the mid '80's when our house was built. We are on well water and have both an acid neutralizer and water softener. However, I...
  4. Brenda_MD

American Standard Champion Pro toilet flushing capability

We want to replace our current 35 year old toilets. My plumber recommended the American Standard Champion Pro because of its flushing capability. What are the experiences people have had with this toilet? I know Toto toilets get good reviews; however, we are on a well. We have both a water...
  5. Brenda_MD

Using muriatic acid to clean mineral buildup off of toilet bowl

We have well water that is hard and have both a water softener and acid neutralize installed to help keep the blue water stains from the copper pipes building up as well as other minerals. However, I still get mineral build up at the water line in the toilet bowls, regardless of regular...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks