Search results

1. Jason Kay

Master Bath Reno Cost Opinions

Wanted to get opinions on this quote. I'm in Northern NJ. It's for Labor only. I've received other quotes, but they include construction materials. I'm assuming $3K on top of this quote for construction materials to compare to other quotes. I received 4 quotes total. This one, another for about...
  2. Jason Kay

Vanity gap suggestions?

Hi. Any suggestions to solve this gap between the wall and vanity counter top? The vanity came with a backsplash, which I didn't want to use. Thinking I may have to get a separate 3" backsplash and create a side splash with it, although I hate that look, which is why I tiled to the countertop...
  3. Jason Kay

Thin set ooze advice.

Any advice on how to keep thin set from oozing through the grout lines? I have quite a bit of dried thin set. I tried using an oscillating tool with diamond blade to chip it out but of course cause a chip in my tile. I’m using a 1/4” square notch trowel for 3X6 subway tile. Razor blade can’t...
  4. Jason Kay

Will Kerdi fix adhere over dried Kerdi fix?

So I did a sloppy job on the tub surround with the Kerdi fix. I was thinking to redo a band of Kerdi band over the what I’ve already done. Will the Kerdi fix adhere to what I’ve already done? I want to redo the entire tub surround. Thanks.
  5. Jason Kay

Sub Floor Support

I have to replace a piece of water damaged subfloor in my bathroom. Before I cut out the subfloor, I know I'm going to have to block the joists to create a "ledge" for the new subfloor patch to sit on. However I know I have engineered I joists. The pic attached is a view from my basement to my...
  6. Jason Kay

Toilet Flange question

Hi. Replacing my 2nd floor bathroom floor. I removed the tile and cement board. I plan on installing Kerdi, then the tile. The toilet flange now sitting above the sub floor and the metal ring spins freely. without removing the existing flange and ring, how do I go about installing the Kerdi...
  7. Jason Kay

Gas Shut Off

Hi. I may need to move the piping which runs to my gas range a few inches. Unfortunately, there's no shut of leading to the range other than the shut off at the meter. I understand that if I shut off the gas at the meter, the gas company may have to come and turn it back on. Attached is a...
  8. Jason Kay

Softener causing pressure issues.

Hi. I've been experiencing water pressure issues and have isolated it to the water softener (I bypassed the softener and the pressure issues were gone). Before I call a plumber, can anyone suggest how to resolve? I don't have a user manual and I'm not very familiar with how these things work...
  9. Jason Kay

Convert a LP patio heater to Natural Gas

Hi. I’d like to convert this heater to NG. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Garden-Treasures-48000-BTU-Stainless-Steel-Floorstanding-Liquid-Propane-Patio-Heater/1000664673 It’s 48000 BTU. I’m not positive on the drill size for the orifice. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  10. Jason Kay

Dryer hook up

Would this connector be appropriate for a 3/8” dryer inlet? The flex hose is 1/2” OD. I’m good with the opposite end of the flex hose. Thanks
  11. Jason Kay

Need Help ASAP - Water Supply Line Location

Hi. Installing a new sink base cabinet which is 27" wide and 2" off the right side wall (left side of cabinet will be 29" from the right side wall). Issue I just discovered is that the hot water supply line is 29" off the right side wall, resulting in no room to fit the cabinet over the supply...
  12. Jason Kay

Caulk pedestal sink?

Would you caulk the top side rear of the sink where it meets the wall? The sink is in a powder room where only hand washing occurs. I don’t think it will look good. Thanks.
  13. Jason Kay

P-Trap Fitting Properly???

Hello. I'm installing a new pedestal sink. The waste pipe has a threaded end (see attached photo). I bought a chrome p-trap assembly and an adapter which fits over the threaded waste pipe. The tail pipe (as pictured) is smaller than the opening in the waste pipe. The adapter fits over the...
  14. Jason Kay

Solenoid Valve - Humidifier

Hello. I just replaced the solenoid valve (1099-46) on my whole house humidifier (pic attached). Water wasn't flowing, so I replaced the valve and now it flows. However, it doesn't seem to want to shut off. The only time it stops flowing is if if cut power to the valve or I turn off the...
  15. Jason Kay

Shower Drain Replacement

I recently moved into a new home and the shower drain screen is loose. It just sits on top of the drain with no way of securing it to the actual drain pipe. I don't know if the drain was improperly installed, or what. But how can I secure the drain screen to this? There are no threads in the...
  16. Jason Kay

New House: It came with a water softener

Hi. I just moved into a new home and it has a water softener. I have no idea how to use it, but it appears the valves aren't positioned correctly for the softener to actually be working. See pics below. The pipe on the left is the water line into the house. It looks like the valve coming...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks