Search results

1. Shoes

Repipe finished - Many thanks to all

I am very grateful for the advice and resource that this community provided. The great re-pipe and basement insulation project of 2015 is complete. I no longer have any Polybutylene anywhere . The new PEX system is excellent. And If I may say so, it is far better engineered then if I had paid...
  2. Shoes

Crooked/Angled PEX crimps

I may be coming up against my limit of rookie questions :) I understand that getting the crimp at a square angle is important. Here is a pic of two crimps I did that have a slight angle on them. I would like to know if this is considered square enough? Id rather not put the sheetrock up and have...
  3. Shoes

Superficial scratches on pex

I apologize if this is a common question, and I did do a little digging - but could not find an answer directly. For the pros: If you have a very minor, light scratch on the outside of a pex tube (3/4 in my case) - is it a concern? A very superficial scratch. It is from lightly rubbing on a...
  4. Shoes

Supply to Water Heater - After House Feeds OK?

Hey there - I am running new plumbing to replace PB. I am bringing 3 house zones together between the water heater and supply line. My original intent was to have cold supply breaking off to the house zones on its way to the water heater 10 feet away (diagram attached). But then I began to...
  5. Shoes

Screwing on the tank tee

I have a one piece 13" brass 1- 1/4 tee that connects to the well pressure tank. Both pieces are new. At the bottom of the tank is a female 90 degree elbow with a 1/-1/4 female connection. The tee fits fine. Since the tee needs to end up horizontal when fully tightened - how do you screw it in...
  6. Shoes

New Pressure Tank - Safe Stuff?

Hi there. I am replacing my well pressure tank (thanks for the advice). I have the new tank, its a Water Worker 86 gallon tank. I was checking the fit for the tank tee, and I noticed the inside of the female tank connection (an elbow on the underside) had a good amount of what looked like pipe...
  7. Shoes

Removing a PB connection

Hey folks, first time post. I am going to replace my house Polybutylene with PEX. I am on a well. The previous owner had a small section near the intake replaced when they installed a water filter, I will do the rest of the house to be PB free. My question relates to a section of PB coming off...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks