Search results

1. Strong son

Dripping sound when turn on outside water

Just had a plumber come out. He said the noise is the noise from the water meter. He said it should be replaced and therefore will call the county. Thanks
  2. Strong son

Hi there. Thanks for responding. I do not have frost proof spigots. I would think if the spigot pipe was broke then I would always hear the sound. But I only hear it when I turn on the outside water. When it off I hear nothing.
  3. Strong son

Hi there. I came home today and turned on the outside water which is the other side of the house where the water main shut off is located. I went into the bathroom above the water main and heard this dripping sound. I went downstairs near the main and heard the sound but not as loud as when...
  4. Strong son

Yet another 10" TOTO toilet recommendation request

Excellent. I know its time to install them!! Here comes the pain and suffering part ;)
  5. Strong son

I received my new bowls. I notice in one the opening seems clear for the tank water. But the other has a build up of porcelain. Is this something I need to worry about? Thank you
  6. Strong son

10 vs 12 in rough in, which toilet ?

Disregard. For some reason i thought the drake was only 10 in. Now I see the difference in rough-ins. the bowl has the same dimensions just the bolts are in a different location. Thanks again.
  7. Strong son

Hi Terry. Thanks for responding. My main question is would the 10 in Drake fit my 11.5 in rough-in?
  8. Strong son

Hi there. I am replacing an existing toto toilet in one bathroom with another 10 in Drake (776 tank and bowl). https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/yet-another-10-toto-toilet-recommendation-request.78615/ I need to replace a Kohler in another small bathroom. I would like to...
  9. Strong son

Thanks Terry! I will get the CST776 bowl and the 1.6 gpf ST776SA tank. I think these are the two items you listed. https://www.ferguson.com/product/toto-drake-drake-2pc-10-toilet-16gpf-cefiontect-cotton-tcst776csfg1001/_/R-9534221?fromplp=true&trackSignal=true
  10. Strong son

Hi Again, Been about 6 years since had the TOTO. No plugs no problems. However we have hard water and not so great at cleaning the toilet. So I would like to replace it with the same model. I installed the ones Terry and others noted above. The box the bowl came in is attached. I did buy the...
  11. Strong son

American Standard - Estate 8" handle removal and drain

Hello, I love this faucet but I do not love trying to fix it. My current problems are the left side (hot) handle is tough to move (tight) and I cannot seem to connect the popup to the handle (tried 6x over the last few months. so i just removed the popup altogether). My main question is how do...
  12. Strong son

I had the 10'' 1.6 Drake installed last week. Yet to put it to the test but I am hoping for the best. Update 1 About 3 months later there have been no problems. I read Terry's review that the wash/rinse of the bowl in this toilet is not the best. I agree. If that is the only problem over the...
  13. Strong son

Thank you all for your helpful assistance with this most needed yet most delicate house hold device.
  14. Strong son

I definitely am going to replace it. The refill hose is in correct place. I notice that the Drake CST744SF(R).10 (https://www.totousa.com/drake-two-piece-toilet-16-gpf-10-rough-in-elongated-bowl) shows that from the wall to the front of the toilet is 28 1/8 inches. This toilet seems to only...
  15. Strong son

Hi, I have a small bathroom in Virginia. We have a Kohler Cimarron about 5 years old. We replaced because the previous toilet kept plugging. The Kohler Cimarron has been relatively good except for the last year or so when it is starting to block up more often even with minimal waste. I am...
  16. Strong son

Correct anode for A. O. Smith tank

Well some luck. Took 2 hours just to find a 1 1/16 hex socket. Finally found one at an auto parts store. Drained about 3 gallons out. First half gallon was light orange and the rest was completely clear. Tried to loosen anode (used a small 1 foot extension pipe;probably not long enough but that...
  17. Strong son

Hi Smooky: I contacted A. O. Smith again and they say the 33 in is the correct size anode. Do I need to bleed any water out of the tank before I do a dry run and see if it unscrews? Thanks Brian
  18. Strong son

Hello. Recently I have been thinking about my water heater. Well more about the likely-hood of failure and of any needed maintenance it might need. I had always heard about flushing regularly but since my dad never did it I have never done it. I also learned about the sacrificial anode. This...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks