American Standard - Estate 8" handle removal and drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Strong son

Reaction score
Hello,

I love this faucet but I do not love trying to fix it.
My current problems are the left side (hot) handle is tough to move (tight) and I cannot seem to connect the popup to the handle (tried 6x over the last few months. so i just removed the popup altogether).

My main question is how do I remove the left side handle. The instructions say "
Pull HANDLE (1) “UP” firmly to release from PLASTIC INSERT (6)." I have tried my best
but it will not budge. Do I even need to do this? I want to do since I assume the cartridge is bad
or it needs some lubricant?

Thank you...

https://www.fergusonshowrooms.com/product/American-Standard-A7722801-Polished-Chrome-1007564?Ntt=estate&Ns=AvailabilitySort|0||Primary_Finish|1||Sort_Order|1&term=estate

20201017_094554.jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
The pop up is engaged by unscrewing the lever nut part under the sink, pulling the lever out slightly and then engaging.
The valve handle: Maybe you have a integrated handle escutcheon and need to unscrew the escutcheon and the handle will come up with it.
If you have the right instructions for a plastic insert, it is certainly sometimes difficult to pop off, but I have never ever seen a lever handle use a plastic insert.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
It could be either the lever/escutcheon or cartridge. Here's the instructions and parts sheet.

as-estate-parts-01.jpg

Change Direction of the Handle

• Turn valves to OFF position.
• Turn off water supplies.
• Pull HANDLE (1) “UP” firmly to release from PLASTIC INSERT (6).
• Remove SCREW (3) and pull off PLASTIC INSERT (2).
• Remove RETAINING O-RING (4).
• Lift and turn STOP WASHER (5) 90˚. Replace RETAINING O-RING (4).
• Re-install HANDLE ASSEMBLY.

To Change Cartridge:

• Remove HANDLE (1), ADAPTER (2) and SCREW (3) via steps above.
• Remove CARTRIDGE (7) by pulling up on it after rotating CARTRIDGE NUT (9) counter clockwise.

as-estate-parts-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks