Search results

1. Qwertyjjj

PEX backflow prevention

I'm running a 1/2" PEX to outside (painted for UV protection) where it then splits to a hose branch and a branch for the sprinkler valves. Is there such a thing as a PEX backflow preventer? Hose bib vacuum breakers are easy to find but not sure what to put on the sprinkler branch pipe (3/4 polypipe)
  2. Qwertyjjj

Dishwasher not draining

Bit of a strange one. At the end of the cycle, my dishwasher is not draining The line has a high loop for the air gap. To solve, - I took the hose off the drain connector - I turned on the pump manually on the cycle - nothing came out - I lowered the hose to ground level - turned on the pump -...
  3. Qwertyjjj

AC condensate drain tube to crawl space/receptor?

At the moment there is a 1-1/4 abs pipe in the wall that goes up to where the AC is and the pipe comes out on the crawl space but it's not connected to any sewer plumbing yet. We're having the AC installed soon and I'm wondering how best to set this up. I don't really want to connect it straight...
  4. Qwertyjjj

Cannot center faucet lever

I cannot seem to get the lever centered no matter what I try. I'm wondering if it could be the temperature adjustment but I can't seem to turn the white part of the cartridge. Any ideas what to adjust? Cartridge is a sedal 08SN35S1502 https://youtube.com/shorts/-iT8SW4PMLo
  5. Qwertyjjj

Ikea drawer, extend 1.25 pipe?

Because of the way the drawers are designed, you need to put the p trap against the back wall. I have the trap in 1.25" Question is how do I get from the sink tail across to the start of the trap? The p trap pipe is not the same outer diameter as regular 1.25 ABS so I can't seem to find the...
  6. Qwertyjjj

Raising pressure with pump?

We have the equivalent of city water at a cottage (it's actually a neighborhood pump and well supplying multiple houses). A leak has developed in one of the underground lines and it's not fixable until spring (ground too frozen to dig up). Water pressure has dropped to around 15-20 so is not...
  7. Qwertyjjj

Hot line bacteria irregular use pipe?

I want to run a hot line to the backyard but it's basically only going to be used a few times a year to flood the backyard ice rink. For the rest of the year it will be off, essentially a dead end. Is this bad for bacteria? Can I use some sort of shut off to separate the line? It will be around...
  8. Qwertyjjj

JALO shower valve, Missing o ring?

This is a new jalo valve but immediately leaks from the cartridge. Am I missing an o ring between the cartridge and brass ring? There's nothing that size in the box
  9. Qwertyjjj

Closet flange 11" OC

Due to a misunderstanding during renovations, the plumbers didn't account for strapping behind the drywall so we have a flange 11 oc. The hole is actually 4" diameter so do you think this might work with a toilet that is 11-1/4 or 11-1/2 oc?
  10. Qwertyjjj

Turn cartridge in faucet?

I have an Ikea single handle mixer faucet but the lever seems really off center. I took the lever off and can see the cartridge but can't see how to twist/turn it so it would be centered
  11. Qwertyjjj

Recirculating pump return on cold?

With a recirculating pump and the return on the cold line, how does the pump pump against the pressure of the normal cold inlet into the water heater? Is there some sort of valve switch to prevent the main cold from interfering with the pump return line?
  12. Qwertyjjj

Female coupling stuck in wall

I'm trying to fit a shower outlet but the female but the elbow in the wall is a bit far for the length of the other so I need to add some parts in between. So I tried: Female elbow, 1" nipple, female to female coupler, male thread shower outlet piece. However, this is all about 1/2" too long...
  13. Qwertyjjj

Flange is flush, use 2 wax rings?

The flange put in by the plumbers is flush with the finished tile. I think they measured for 3/4 wood or something. Can I use 2 wax rings to make a good seal or will I need an extension?
  14. Qwertyjjj

Offset for offset toilet flange?

How far will an offset toilet flange offset by? 1" more?
  15. Qwertyjjj

How much water comes out of the pressure relief valve

In testing my pressure relief valve, the water goes down the down pipe, hits the pan and just sprays everywhere. The pan barely contains any of it. In a pressure relief situation, does it open full like this or does it just leak a bit? Is there anything I can do like lengthen the pipe, increase...
  16. Qwertyjjj

Support pipes

Currently I have this unsupported PEX pipe in a cupboard. Not the worst setup but I'm conscious that the pipes could get pulled and maybe need support. would it be better to run them along the wall with supports or maybe up and then down right over the tank? Water tank...
  17. Qwertyjjj

Plumbing leaking at 90 joint with floor

Difficult to see in the picture but there was a small stub sticking out the floor under where the kitchen island goes. I made a joint with a 2" 90 bend under the island kickboard area so I could get the pipe towards the back of the island. It seems this joint is leaking a bit, maybe I didn't get...
  18. Qwertyjjj

Missing slip washer?

I'm installing this p trap but it's leaking from just after the trap and just before the trap arm. It seems to have an odd connection - I can't fit a slip around it but the pipe seems to have a slip shape in it. However, no matter what configuration I use, even if I put a slip into the p at this...
  19. Qwertyjjj

1.5 trap adapter - what am I doing wrong?

The tailpiece is 1.5 the p trap is 1.5" However, the trap adapter 1.5 / 1.5 that I bought doesn't fit the tailpiece and a 1.25 is too small. How do I join the tailpiece to the trap?
  20. Qwertyjjj

Water heater drain pan pipe

I have a 1.5" waste pipe that I have cut near flush with the floor. The drain pan has one of these white connections with a gasket. It seems to take either a 1.5 or 1" pipe. Firstly, when you tighten the gasket does it need silicone on the inside? Doesn't seem like the gasket would be water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks