1.5 trap adapter - what am I doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
20200815_095631.jpg
The tailpiece is 1.5 the p trap is 1.5"
However, the trap adapter 1.5 / 1.5 that I bought doesn't fit the tailpiece and a 1.25 is too small.
How do I join the tailpiece to the trap?

Reach4

Reaction score
Why use a glued trap rather than a slip joint 1.5 inch trap?

But to your question, are you saying that the trap adapter nut and gasket won't fit that tailpiece? Or are you addressing trying to connect a hub trap adapter to a hub trap? If that second one, you could get a spigot trap adapter, or use a piece of pipe to connect the two hubs. But I would try hard to go slip joint.

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
Yeah, the trap adapter won't fit. The tail piece says 1.5 on it though it's not the same as a 1.5 ABS

Reach4

Reaction score
Yeah, the trap adapter won't fit.
Clarify. The white washer will not fit over the tailpiece?

A 1.5 trap adapter should measure 1.50 OD.

A 1.5 ABS pipe should measure 1.90 OD

Interested in converting to a slip joint trap? Wondering why somebody would want to do that when they could glue something with a worthless cleanout plug in place?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A trap adapter is designed for tubular pipe which isn't the same as drainage pipe. One end will fit on the standard drainage pipe, but the other end is designed for the tubular stuff.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
looks good to me ?? what are you talking about you gotta glue a short piece of pipe between the trap and adapter

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks