Search results

1. Friolator

Kohler K-3444 Serif top handle only half-flushing after flapper change

I have a roughly 20 year old Kohler Serif toilet. This is one of the ones with the handle on top of the tank, rather than the side or front. The toilet has been running persistently, and I narrowed it down to the flapper valve, which was original, and rock hard so not making a good seal. Last...
  2. Friolator

Pressure Drop

We've had an ongoing issue that I think I've finally narrowed down a bit. Every once in a while, our Buderus GB142 reports water pressure that's too low, and won't come on. Thus, we come home to a cold house, or like this past weekend when we were away, I get an email from the thermostat that...
  3. Friolator

Buderus GB142 - no power

It's getting chilly out, so I decided to run the heat and make sure it's all working properly before winter. We have a single zone Buderus GB142 boiler (natural gas), installed in 2006 or 2007. It has an outdoor reset unit that has been, at times, a bit flaky (turned out to be a loose control...
  4. Friolator

Braided dishwasher drain line

Does such a thing exist? I'm talking about a drain hose that's wrapped in metal like a supply line. A few years ago we had a mouse that chewed through the drain line that came with our Jenn-Air dishwasher, and you can imagine the mess when the ceiling in our rental unit downstairs got ruined...
  5. Friolator

Buderus GB142/24 for DHW + Heat

We've had a Buderus GB142/24 installed for about 7-8 years now, strictly for heat. The apartment it heats is about 1200 sq. feet. The house has older blown-in insulation, and our windows are the original double hungs with aging storm windows (that is, drafty, but will eventually be replaced)...
  6. Friolator

Threaded brass fittings ok in baseboard heating system?

We recently built a deck off of our second floor kitchen. What was once a window has been opened up to become a rough opening for a door. Of course, there was baseboard heat running below the window, and I need to route that heat under the floor now so we can install the door. The floor and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks