Search results

1. Trouthead

Variable pressure from cistern system

Have a full house cistern with a submersed pump in the bottom of the 3500 gal tank. In the crawl space is a pressure tank with a rubber air bladder and a pressure switch. When I turn on the water it will run normally till (I guess) the tanks water is drawn down (about 5 gallons worth) then it...
  2. Trouthead

First Fail to Flush

Installed a Toto Ultramax II in August. Have not had a single fail to flush until today. Used it in the proper manner and forgot to flush it. Came back a couple hours later for a stand up job and it was waiting for me. Hit the lever and not much happened. Waited for a full flush tower...
  3. Trouthead

OLD Delta Tub Spout Divertor Replacement

Simple job or so I thought it should be. Delta tub spout with the pull up shower divertor. Circa 1980. So pushing 40 years old. Has the hole under the spout that should have set screw of some type inside. No sign of any set screw, either allen or slotted. Used a flashlight and mirror and I...
  4. Trouthead

Closet bolts

Need to install 2 used toilets in a rental. The rentals toilets have cracked lids, round bowls and worn out flappers and valves. The used units have name brand internals and good flappers. Just curious is there any point of getting 5/16" closet bolts over 1/4" bolts. I will be using solid...
  5. Trouthead

Why are TOTO tank lids so different/weird?

I have two Totos, an Aimes and a UltramaxII. Both are working fine, and only once in a while need an extra flush or the handle held down longer. The extra height was a life saver with my wife's new total knee joint replacement. I knew when I bought them that the tank tops are "different" than...
  6. Trouthead

TOTO Unifit install

Just got a Toto Ultramax II with the unifit system. This is new to me and the last toilet I installed was in 1985. I had no problems with the last toilet install, and looking at the directions for the UniFit it looks pretty straight forward, but I am wondering if there are any tips or hints...
  7. Trouthead

Toto for big paper users

My wife would like a commode that sits higher than our 1980 5 gal. American Standard. She is a "big paper user" and we get our water from a cistern that we fill with local city water. This is pretty common where we live in Wyoming, and we have a 450 gal. tank which we fill up and dump in our...
  8. Trouthead

Gas DHW heater questions

Looking at a gas hot water heater to replace a Marathon electric that is going to go to a rental house of mine with a lower element in its heater that has failed and is so carroded I can't get it out without breaking the tank. Can a gas heater go in a closet that held the electric? Are...
  9. Trouthead

Any jet pumps quieter than others

I use a cistern for drinking water and all household use other than irrigation. 30 years ago when I built the house I took bad advice and put a jet pump and pressure tank in the crawl space (right under the TV). The first pump lasted 15 years, and burned out due to running it dry, house guest...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks