Search results

1. Esquire

Load Bearing?

How can I determine if I have have a load bearing wall in my house? I have a split entry home. I want to remove the 12 foot wall between my kitchen and living room on the top floor. Would it soley be based on the type of roof trusses that I have I don't know the differences between them so...
  2. Esquire

Red Seal Exam: Update

So just to let guys now, I passed the Red Seal. I was a nervous week waiting for the results but I'm very glad that it's all over with for now. haha. Anyway thanks to everyone who helped with information over the last year or more. I believe that reading posts here certainly helped me become...
  3. Esquire

Patio Sink

So I am just curious what other plumbers are doing with regards to setting up a sink on a patio? By that I mean what way are you setting up the water lines and drains? Anyway any info, discussion, etc on the topic would be great.
  4. Esquire

Red Seal Exam

So I am having my first crack at the Red Seal IP plumbing exam this coming Friday and I am nervous as hell. Has anyone written the exam recently? Does anyone have any tips? I still have 5 more days out at school that is purely review time. I feel like I know the code book very good but some...
  5. Esquire

Internal Pipe Cutter

Just wondering what all you guys are using for internal pipe cutters? ie cutting the toilet pipe below floor level to install a flange. Usually find this situation when finishing a basement that was roughed-in during the building stage.
  6. Esquire

Backflow Prevention Testing Certification

Anyone know where you can get cert. to doing testing on BFP's in Canada?
  7. Esquire

priming 3" floor drain, Canada

I'm thinking about moving my HWT to another room in the house. I was going to just bust up the concrete and put in a 3" P-trap and bit of pipe and then cut off the pipe flush to the new floor and put a floor drain grate on it. My question is, if you guys had just 3" ABS how about you trap seal...
  8. Esquire

Adding a sink on the 2nd floor

| |________________ ->2nd floor | |__________ | | | |/ |\ | |__________|______ -> 1st Floor In my little diagram there are 2 sinkse on the basement level. Both this sinks have 2" drain lines up to the T's as they both wet vent...
  9. Esquire

vent through a wall

I got asked a question today and I'm not certain of the answer. There is plumbing in a square metal building. There is a vent that needs to terminate outside. Can the vent be brought out the side of the building? There are no windows or doors near the termination point. There is no eve...
  10. Esquire

Buying my first house

I am about to purchase my first home and I don't want to come home to a flooded basement one day. It seems that heaters around here always die at 4-5 years. So I have to questions, what do you guys think of the stainless steel electric HWH's? and do any of you believe that flushing your...
  11. Esquire

Business software

What are you guys out there using with your business'? I am interested in keeping track of 'personal' jobs that I have completed. In the coming years I will be eventually starting my own business and I would like to get some input from guys that have been doing so already. I'd mainly like to...
  12. Esquire

rough in dimensions

I just got called by an out of town friend who just picked up a new shower kit to start finishing his basement. It was purchased 'roughed in'. He has set the pan on the floor and the edge of the shower sits ~13" from the center of tiolet outlet pipe. This is a 38" neo-angle and I just want to...
  13. Esquire

filtering showre head?

Basically I am looking for a shower head that may have a filtering device built into it. MY girlfriends sister called me about this. Basically her hair stylist told her she could buy a special shower head that has a filtering device. Essentially the problem is - when blondes dye their hair -...
  14. Esquire

receptacle piggy backing

I have a receptacle in my house and I've noticed that it has been piggy backed off of twice. It is pb'ed off the load (screws) and line (terminals) on the back. Is this permitted? Thanks in advance for anyone that responds. I changed all the ones in my basement to the fancy new square ones...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks