Patio Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Esquire

Plumber
Reaction score
So I am just curious what other plumbers are doing with regards to setting up a sink on a patio? By that I mean what way are you setting up the water lines and drains? Anyway any info, discussion, etc on the topic would be great.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Considering your northern location, I would have shut off valves inside the house and make provisions the drain the supply lines before freezing weather. If you can't get a natural slope drain the water, then you will have to use an air compressor to blow the water out. You could have difficulty getting really hot water if there is a very long run outside, so insulate the hot water line well. The drain must be trapped just the same as one inside, but I would just remove the trap when the water is drained in the fall. Sure, you could use RV antifreeze, but it will be much cheaper and quite easy just to remove the trap.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Both Moen and Woodford make a frost-free hose bib that connects to both hot and cold that you might consider instead of a standard sink faucet. Depends on the look you are after. Setting up drain and vent may be the harder thing. It depends on how far away you are planning this from the existing lines. It would be easier, for example, if you were say back to back with the kitchen or bathroom rather than a stand-alone location in the middle of the deck.

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Like Gary said you should make provision to blow out the water lines feeding your sink. Also what he said about removing the trap is the easiest thing to do too!!!!

Maybe we can get a picture of where you want to put the sink in....

Esquire

Plumber
Reaction score
I would defintely hook it up with some sort of freeze protection. Giving it the ability to either be drained or blown out. But guess I'm thinking something that was simple and coud be connected if I was having people in on the weekend or something. I did think about putting in the Moen hydrant mentioned above and then just connect it up with hoses or something. But I was trying to think of the cheapest and easiest way to deal with the drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks