Search results

1. Teamo

Raising water heater temp uses less water?

I have a 50 gallon electric water heater. I have the element thermostats set at about 120 degrees. A friend of mine who is a plumber says that if you set the water temperature higher then it takes more cold water to mix the water down to a lower/manageable temperature thus making the hot water...
  2. Teamo

new build

Hi All, One of our computers just died (kid's computer). The power supply went and I am pretty sure that the motherboard has gone with it. A new psu didn't post so I think the board and or the cpu is gone. It is an AMD X2 4200. It has served us well so I am looking to build them a new computer...
  3. Teamo

Rain Bird drip line

I recently added a few zones of Rain Bird drip line to some new flower beds. I think from what I've read that the drip line should be limited to no more than 200 feet on a zone. I brought 1 inch line to the start of the bed and reduced down to the 1/2 inch for the drip line. I ran about 130 feet...
  4. Teamo

rain bird 1812 spray heads

I bought some 1812 spray heads to replace some 1804's. I need the taller height so I can spray over the top of some flowers in the flower beds. There is a side plug on the 1812's. What is the purpose of this plug? Thanks
  5. Teamo

drip irrigation

I have an 8 zone system: 6 lawn zones (rotor heads) and 2 garden bed zones along the house (spray heads). I am making flower beds along all of my fence line around the property which will be several hundred feet of flower beds when it is all done. It might be done in stages over the next couple...
  6. Teamo

Kohler bathroom faucet

I have a Kohler Forte two handle bathroom faucet. I installed this faucet about 5 years ago. One of the handle shutoffs is starting to leak where the handle meets the bonnet. I cannot remember how I installed this and I cannot find the installation instructions. This is installed on a granite...
  7. Teamo

nozzle gallonage

I have Hunter rotary heads. I installed the system myself about 5 years ago. One of the things that I have always questioned about my nozzle selection was the gallonage output on each individual head. At the time that I set them up I installed 2 gpm nozzles on the heads that do a full circle and...
  8. Teamo

garage loft

My detached garage is 14x24. I am planning on putting a storage loft up for half of the garage which will be about 12x14. I am planning on using 1/2 inch plywood or osb for the floor of the loft. Will 2x8's be strong enough for the 14 foot span? It won't be for any really heavy storage. Thanks.
  9. Teamo

framing garage door

I have a one car detached garage with a gable roof. The gable ends are on the sides and the slope of the roof is on the front and back. I have to repair a lot of insect damage. So far I have put some temporary supports in the front and removed the entire front wall. The door opening is 9' wide...
  10. Teamo

Resheathing garage what type of nails

I have a detached garage that has no sheathing under the shingles. It has large wood shingles that were nailed onto strips of wood. I am going to strip the garage down to the studs and use either 1/2 inch plywood or 1/2 inch OSB for sheathing and then side it with vinyl. I am going to either...
  11. Teamo

Low angle nozzles

I have Hunter PGP rotary heads on my system. I have the regular red nozzles installed that came with the heads. I have seen low angle nozzles (gray) advertised in the literature that came with the heads. What is the advantage of using these? I can only guess that the spray will stay closer to...
  12. Teamo

plumbers putty and granite

I am installing a two handle faucet in a granite vanity top. Is it okay to use plumbers putty under the spout and valves, or will this stain the granite? Thanks Jim
  13. Teamo

4x3 inch closet bend or 3 inch closet bend?

I am installing a new flange and closet bend in my bathroom remodel project. I bought a 3 inch closet bend with a 3 inch flange and also a 4x3 reducing closet bend,and a 4 inch flange. What is the best one to use? Is there an advantage to using the larger one? The waste stack is three inch...
  14. Teamo

Sweat or Compression?

:confused: I am about to do the finish plumbing in my bathroom remodel project. I have copper stub outs for the vanity and the toilet. What is the best shutoff to install? Should I solder on the chrome plated shutoffs, or use the compression type? I have relatively high pressure in the house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks