Rain Bird drip line

Users who are viewing this thread

Teamo

Reaction score
I recently added a few zones of Rain Bird drip line to some new flower beds. I think from what I've read that the drip line should be limited to no more than 200 feet on a zone. I brought 1 inch line to the start of the bed and reduced down to the 1/2 inch for the drip line. I ran about 130 feet of drip line from there. The line runs to the end of the bed and is capped. I have another flower bed that is about 35 feet away from the end. Right now that flower bed is getting water from a small lawn strip that has spray heads. It is working okay but I like to have all of my flower zones separate so I can set different times/duration on those zones. I was wondering if I could use another fitting at the end of the drip line and convert back to the 1 inch line and bury that the 35 feet to the other flower bed. From there I would add another section of drip line to the 1 inch line. The run for the new bed will be about 50 feet so the total amount of drip line will still be about 180 feet. Would this work or would the changing over to the 1 inch at the end cause pressure/volume problems.

Teamo

Reaction score
Yes it is the 1/2 inch brown rain bird drip line. Not sure of the model number of the line I will have to read it when I get home. The emitters have 12" spacing between them. I used a pressure regulator/filter coming off of the 1" valve at the valve manifold which drops the pressure down to about 30 pounds.

Mike1059

irrigation tech.
Reaction score
Website
www.mrhirrigation.com
I just did a quick calculation and at the maximum flow rate for that type of drip line, 180' will give you a flow thru your valve of 2.7 to 3.0 gpm so I still see no problems with your plan.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks