OMG, this is funny! How to install a towel ring?

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1. HAVE GOOD INSURANCE.
2. Do NOT assume the studs are at 16" centers NOR that they measured from THAT edge of the walll
3. TAKE OFF THE SUNGLASSES.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I used to have signs on my vans "WE fix what your husband tried to repair " I still get calls " please come over before my husband tries to fix the toilet "

When a big box store was selling toilet seats at a discount price we received over 9 calls of broken toilets as people used a hammer to try to get the old metal bolts lose

Truth is indeed stranger then fiction

maxamber

Reaction score
well, I used to install my own bathroom ring. that is a difficult job I think, but quite interesting for sure. first, line the ring up on a wall stud. And then I determine the height of the placement and mark above the top of the towel ring. Next, position the mounting bracket and mark the two hole areas where the screws will go. Tighten screws. Mount the towel ring and tighten the small screw on the bottom of the towel ring.

GPFS

Need plumbing or fire sprinkler supply - ASK ME
Reaction score
Website
ww.gpfsupply.com
So he tried, and he tried .. and he failed! You can stand infront of the mirror every day and pretend you are a carpenter, or a plumber even handyman, but the ugly truth will show up some day somewhere! and let's not forget the insurance company which will be a hassle to deal with. Always pick a certified plumber, or a carpenter, someone with both online and offline reputation.

Eddie Ebron

Reaction score
So he tried, and he tried .. and he failed! You can stand infront of the mirror every day and pretend you are a carpenter, or a plumber even handyman, but the ugly truth will show up some day somewhere! and let's not forget the insurance company which will be a hassle to deal with. Always pick a certified plumber, or a carpenter, someone with both online and offline reputation.
Absolutly agree! All must be done by specially trained people. You are not trying to do the surgery yourself? So pick professionals

DIYorBust

Reaction score

That's why I'd never screw anything into a wall without paying someone at least two hundred bucks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks