Main Waste Sleeve placed in line with wall instead of just before the wall

Users who are viewing this thread

CCCBuilder

Reaction score
I am working on basement rough in and framing. The main waste line is supposed to run parallel to my support wall down the middle of the basement. Which it does, however, the concrete crew didn't put the sleeve where I needed it, so now the main waste exit is "inside" my support wall, meaning I would need to use two 45's to jump over and out of being inside the wall to catch my main waste line that is parallel to the wall. Since the main line runs just below the floor joists and the sleeve in the foundation is 1.5' from that pipe on the Z axis, I already have to use two long sweep 90's to change from one horizontal position to the next, now with the sleeve being in the wrong spot it means more like 1 long sweep 90 and 2 45's twisted enough to line me up with the main waste line above.

Will this cause problems with the flow of things? I don't know why I am so concerned but the fact that the line has to shift over 4" during all of these fittings makes me thing clogging point, but at the same time 2 45's instead of another long 90 may be less flow restriction, right? Any comments would be nice, or photos of how this has been done.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I prefer the least amount of direction change as possible. If it lines up with two 45's, that's what I would do.
They also have 22 fittings. They're a bit harder to figure the angle and distance in space.

larderie_1698.jpg

khan_w_08.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks