Recent content by Wyeast

1. Wyeast

Air Gap Receptor For Condensate Drain Advice

Got word back from the local inspector saying what I have proposed is ok - so that answers that. The blue Pex is indeed there as a trap primer for the floor drain. The inspector's approval was contingent on me supplying both traps (floor and condensate) with the trap primer - you called it...
  2. Wyeast

Thanks for the reply tuttles. I agree that a vent is a vent....unless it's a wet vent. Seems like this would be similar to that allowed by UPC 814.6. Any thoughts on this? ---------------- Where the condensate waste from air-conditioning coils discharges by direct connection to a...
  3. Wyeast

Hi All, Looking for some advice on installing a receptor for condensate drain lines. I have a floor drain in my mechanical room which is vented through a 2" vent on the wall. (see attached photo) Question is: Would it be code compliant to wye off of the vent and add a trap and receptor to...
  4. Wyeast

New Construction Cast Iron Advise

Looking for advice on using cast iron for the DWV system in my full gut remodel. Never have liked the sound of rushing water, so I am planning to go with mostly cast iron. My main question is what is best practice for connecting toilets to a no-hub cast iron system? Specifically, has anyone...
  5. Wyeast

Basement Bathroom wet venting design feedback

Thanks for the feedback. Makes sense that running that main floor closet / lav through the basement wet vent would cause problems. I'll plan to run that bathroom either through the ceiling above or in parallel in the slab and tie in after the basement bathroom.
  6. Wyeast

Basement Bathroom wet venting design feedback

Looking for some feedback on my basement plumbing rough-in design. The below picture is what I've got planned but wanted to get some input in case I am missing some significant detail. I am located in Washington state. Any thoughts / comments would be appreciated to dial in my layout...
  7. Wyeast

Bathroom wet venting design feedback

Thanks for the reply. I've got a 3" vent near the main stack down to the building drain, which combined with the other 2" vent serving the main bathroom fixtures should satisfy UPC 904.1. Per your advice I took another stab at running all the drains along one main line - shown in the updated...
  8. Wyeast

Bathroom wet venting design feedback

Looking for some feedback on a bathroom drain system that I am knee deep in -> I am building a large detached garage in Washington state with an upstairs living area which includes a bathroom (lavatory, toilet and shower). After many hours of reading this forum and the UPC, I've ran through...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks