Basement Bathroom wet venting design feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Wyeast

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback on my basement plumbing rough-in design. The below picture is what I've got planned but wanted to get some input in case I am missing some significant detail.

I am located in Washington state.

Any thoughts / comments would be appreciated to dial in my layout!

wyeast-01.jpg

Basement Plumbing1

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I believe Washington State is UPC. I take it you have the toilet drain coming in downstream of the shower? If so I believe the single lavatory 2" vent can wet vent both the shower and toilet.

However, I believe the upstream drain coming from the upstairs toilet and lav has to stay separate from the bathroom group and join it downstream. I.e. only the downstream bathroom group should be draining through the portion of the drain serving as a wet vent.

Cheers, Wayne

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hi Wayne, yes Washington is UPC and you're right about wet venting being for same floor fixtures. The upstairs must come in downstream of the downstairs bathroom plumbing.

Wyeast

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

Makes sense that running that main floor closet / lav through the basement wet vent would cause problems.

I'll plan to run that bathroom either through the ceiling above or in parallel in the slab and tie in after the basement bathroom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks