New Construction Cast Iron Advise

Users who are viewing this thread

Wyeast

Reaction score
Looking for advice on using cast iron for the DWV system in my full gut remodel. Never have liked the sound of rushing water, so I am planning to go with mostly cast iron.

My main question is what is best practice for connecting toilets to a no-hub cast iron system? Specifically, has anyone seen 4" x 3" cast iron closet elbows that can cleanly connect to a more durable pvc flange with stainless ring?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Specifically, has anyone seen 4" x 3" cast iron closet elbows that can cleanly connect to a more durable pvc flange with stainless ring?
If you have a no-hub cast iron closet elbow, then you can just use a spigot end plastic body closet flange, and a Proflex 3000 series (or Mission CP series) shielded coupling to connect them. Or if you need the elbow lower, you could either use a short segment of cast iron in between (would have to be over 2" long for the couplings not to interfere), or a short segment of plastic pipe into a hub end plastic body closet flange.

Cheres, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks