Recent content by Ukrop

1. Ukrop

Should I raise my toilet flange? Best way to raise it?

Hi everybody! I'm still redoing my bathroom :) And here is the quick question about toilet flange: It sits on plywood subfloor. We used to have linoleum. Plan to install floating vinyl panels on PVC backing with interlocking ridges, about 1/4-3/8" high. Should I raise the flange? It's all...
  2. Ukrop

Black mold(?) on OSB of outside wall behind tub...

Good morning, My project is moving... Slowly :) finally I ripped out all 30-years old drywall with tiles around bathtub (it was dark grey color with GYPSUM marking at the back) and the rest of the bathroom plus all pink insulation (man it was itchy!!!). So now I discovered black areas (mold-?)...
  3. Ukrop

What thin-set to use for Hardiebacker board seams?

Hi everybody! I know, I should ask it at johnbridge.com forum but they don't register new members for some reason... Anyway. I'm moving slowly on my first bathroom project :) And new questions are popping out. They sound silly for professionals but I'm newbie :) The question: what thin-set...
  4. Ukrop

Liquid membrane over cement board

Thanks for reply! Yes, I don't feel comfortable with liquid membrane... My co-worker put Kerdi membrane in his bathroom and liked it. There is roll in Lowe's - it's 3'3" wide and 16'5" long. It means I need to put to horizontal strips? How hard is it to put such membrane? Do I need to use...
  5. Ukrop

Liquid membrane over cement board

Hi there! I'm in preliminary stage of my bathroom reno - ripping old stuff out. And planning new stuff :) It's my first bathroom project - I read ALOT online that's why have questions :) I'm planning on putting cement boards on bathtub's alcove walls. From what I read I need to put membrane...
  6. Ukrop

Is it hard to put 32" wide tub in place of 30"?

Thanks! It sounds like my original plan - rip everything out and see... Here I'm coming! :)
  7. Ukrop

Terry, I appreciate your reply! We're going to gut everything out to the studs (including toilet), so fitting should be easier. I'm afraid of 1" offset of the drain... You think it shouldn't be a big deal? Yes, there's toilet alongside so I need to check clearance (I'm at work now :)
  8. Ukrop

Hi everyone! This week I found this great place to get professional advice on plumbing - thanks to owner! Guys helped me to figure out the best settings for my new water softener. Now I have next question for plumbing professionals :) What started as desire to replace just vanity in the...
  9. Ukrop

Different settings for Fleck 5600-SXT on different sites...

Thanks Bannerman and Reach4! I really appreciate your answers! I could hit LIKE button ten times :) I totally agree with you on lowering capacity number. It's like reducing usable gas tank volume so you don't run out of gas. There are 2 adults and two teens in the house. Yes, it's Kitchener...
  10. Ukrop

Different settings for Fleck 5600-SXT on different sites...

Hi everybody! I just found this forum and hope to get some professional opinion. I just installed softener with Fleck 5600-SXT controller and 1.5 cu ft of resin. And now trying to set the best settings :) I read through posts here and also I found quite informative site...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks