Recent content by SpudMuffin

1. SpudMuffin

Frame less glass doors on an unlevel tub/shower unit.

In the remodeling project for our upstairs bathroom, my wife wants glass doors on the tub/shower unit. This old house (1915) that was moved to a new place 10 years ago must have been put together with too much moonshine. There is not a true wall or floor in the place. The tub/shower unit the I...
  2. SpudMuffin

Old unsquare bathroom sink install

I put a false wall that I shimmed out behind it. Thanks for your suggestions
  3. SpudMuffin

Old unsquare bathroom sink install

we are completely remodeling our bathroom in an old 1920 house. The bathroom walls are not square as pictured. Not sure what to do with our sink that needs to fit into the corner? I have included pictures of the vanity sitting in the corner. It is 1 in out of square at 24in .
  4. SpudMuffin

Paint in New Tub...

NVM.. let water soak in it and a scrub brush took it all off... thanks
  5. SpudMuffin

Paint in New Tub...

I installed a new acrylic tub/shower unit in our upstairs. I took the wife out last night and gave instructions to my teens to paint a wall. They only partially cleaned out a brush with Zinser 123 grey primer in it and left it on the bottom of the tub. There is now a grey brush pattern on the...
  6. SpudMuffin

Toilet backup... Walmart Bag

decided to cut the line where I started... was able to get it out... Now just to get it back together.. thanks
  7. SpudMuffin

It was balled up in the hole... however, I'm thinking it was probably glued there as well
  8. SpudMuffin

I'm sure it would punch a hole in it... But there would be too much remaining
  9. SpudMuffin

W are remodeling our bathroom. We have moved the toilet. It has been a month-long process whenever we have had the time. We just installed the tub and have not gotten the walls or other fixtures in yet. When we removed the original plumbing we had to stop up the 3" pipe with Walmart bags to stop...
  10. SpudMuffin

Tub level way off...

I am remodeling my bathroom from a house built in the early 1900s. All rough cut hardwoods. I am installing an acrylic tub w/surround. The floor where the tub sits is out of level by a total inch from one corner to the other. I don't really want to rip up the floors. Any suggestions? I am using...
  11. SpudMuffin

Frozen New Years Pipes

Woke up to -25 this morning and no water... Put 10" of insulation around our pump in the pump house this fall. Put a 60 wat light bulb inside... Well... woke to frozen pipe this AM. I put a space heater in with the pump. How long do you think it will take 3/4 pipe to thaw with an ambient temp of 45?
  12. SpudMuffin

Frozen Spigot

well, the trough is about 12" long for small animals and works fine. I use a 25watt silicone engine heater on the bottom of it and it keeps it fluid... The barn is 115 ft by 75 ft. the spigot is in the middle. The floor is concrete so getting a hydrant there is not possible.
  13. SpudMuffin

Frozen Spigot

I have a PVC water line in a barn that I have run heat cable under. Unfortunately, I was a little late on installing the heat cable and after a good freeze couple of the elbows are leaking. I will have to replace them. I got water running through the pipes, but the brass spigot I have at the...
  14. SpudMuffin

Sewer basement fitting leaking...

I went downstairs to discover that a joint in the sewer line is not glued and is leaking onto my stuff. Not sure how I can repair it without taking everything out.
  15. SpudMuffin

Water Heater Vent Freezing up...

Well I used the larger option of pipe (3") so that isn't a problem. I directed one of my heater ducts into the crawl space and that took care of it until we get back above zero...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks