Toilet backup... Walmart Bag

Users who are viewing this thread

SpudMuffin

Reaction score
W are remodeling our bathroom. We have moved the toilet. It has been a month-long process whenever we have had the time. We just installed the tub and have not gotten the walls or other fixtures in yet. When we removed the original plumbing we had to stop up the 3" pipe with Walmart bags to stop gas from venting into the room. I had my teenage son glue in the pipe after I had cut it to size. Well, we set the tub last night and I just went to drain it and the water backed up through the toilet flange. My assumption is that a walmart bag was probably glued in with one of the fittings. I was thinking about using my sink snake to clear. However, that would definitely leave strands of bag that would create problems later. What should I do?

Reach4

Reaction score
Are you saying you suspect the bag was stretched across the pipe, or the bag was just balled up and stuffed down the hole?

SpudMuffin

Reaction score
It was balled up in the hole... however, I'm thinking it was probably glued there as well

Reach4

Reaction score
A toilet augur would be a better tool than a sink snake.

SpudMuffin

Reaction score
decided to cut the line where I started... was able to get it out... Now just to get it back together.. thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks