Recent content by Snets

1. Snets

Using 45's and lowering trap

Reconfigured the 1/2" copper pipe instead of changing the drain. It was a pain in the butt because it is lower than the lowest faucet in the house, took forever to be free of water but it's done and leak-free. Thanks for the help.
  2. Snets

Shower drain, down vertically through two, 45 degree bends to clear the pipe the into the 180 degree trap and into the trap arm which is unchanged from how the house was built. The 20.5" is from where water enters drain to the bottom of the 180 degree bend (trap) Sorry, hope that clarifies...
  3. Snets

Can anyone tell me if I am OK lowering the trap on my shower drain? I want to go around a 1/2" copper pipe with some 45 degree elbows. going down to the trap. which will require me to add about three inches to the depth. That would put the bottom of the trap at 20.5" from where the water will...
  4. Snets

Moen 3371, Moen 3600, New shower valves and existing lines

Thank you! Haven't needed any yet but tis is great.
  5. Snets

Yea I was painting that bathroom this week and it reminded me of the first replies to the first post I ever made here looking for some help. So I thought I would provide an update. Shower still works great!
  6. Snets

Over twelve years later I want to thank you for this great advice. Everything still working perfectly. I'm sure you are still offering great advice on a forum where people might think that can get plumbing help. I do appreciate those who responded professionally.
  7. Snets

Rheem Delayed Ignition Issue?

Grfillinger, I had the same issue with my Rheem 38 gallon natural gas water heater. I watched a video where someone bent something to get the pilot closer to the burner. I had a great plumber come out, phoned a friend and was told there is no fix other than bending the bracket to get the pilot...
  8. Snets

Dual Trip Breaker Replacement

I decided to install a sub panel and leave the main panel alone. I already had a 50A 220V breaker and 6 Gauge 4 wire NM running to the location where I stubbed the new 110V circuits (Was previously for a hot tub that has been removed). My sub panel now has two 15A GFI breakers for the two...
  9. Snets

There is no label on the panel, no info whatsoever. I have similar BQ breakers installed for the dryer (220V) and for a spa (220V)
  10. Snets

I have two Type BR dual-trip breakers (15A) in my panel for what I think are called branch circuits (four circuits - that is two 14-3 wires with red and black hots, one common each...they share a common so when one trips, they both need to trip (red and black) I think I have that right. The...
  11. Snets

Pipe stub for hand held shower

Is adding the 1-1/4" standard for all pipe sizes? So what you are saying is that a seated pipe fitting is accomplished by threading it in 5/8"? Just trying to get clarificatin so I don't screw it up. Unfortunately the drop-ells that come with these hand showers have no trim piece so...
  12. Snets

Trouble with copper fittings

I'll mail you the pipe with the elbow. I could'nt get it off even using a workbench vice. About a foot of 3/4" copper and an unsoldered elbow.....Oh, nevermind, I just remembered it's on my neighbor's roof now!:D
  13. Snets

Trouble with copper fittings

MP, I feel your pain. I am having the exact same troubles. I will be checking my tubing cutter. I put one elbow on and turned it and it locked. It absolutely will not come off, turn or budge in any way. It's like it is welded together....but it was a dry fit. ARRRGH!. If it's not the...
  14. Snets

New water lines to a shower..Codes?

That sounds like good advice.....although my first car had a 454 and a 4-speed:D....Yea, I bought a lot of tires.:eek: So sounds like I'll be doing copper, not a problem skill- and tool-wise....but is it advisable and/or legal?
  15. Snets

New water lines to a shower..Codes?

I'm building a new shower in a location where there was a tub. The location has 1/2" copper fron the former. I need, or want 3/4" supply to that location for the shower system I have chosen (shower head, hand shower and 4 body sprays) The location is upstairs, partially over he garage. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks