Recent content by RiverLodge

1. RiverLodge

Is Kohler Santa Rosa with Rim Height 15" still available???

We have (2) of these now with the elongated bowls. Looks like comfort height + is the new norm for this model. Trying to purchase a third for a small cabin currently under construction. I suppose we just get somewhat used to things that are comfortable for the slightly vertically challenged. RL
  2. RiverLodge

Floating boat dock wiring

The GFCI breaker is simple. It will also be more convenient to test regularly since it is within a very short distance from your kitchen. I have replaced many many more GFCI receptacles than breakers over the last few decades. Sleep well my friend. RL
  3. RiverLodge

Floating boat dock wiring

1. Install a 15 amp GFCI breaker for that circuit in your house panel. 2. Replace the exterior GFI with a duplex receptacle. 3. Bond the dock, ramp and ladder. 4. Connect the bonded aluminum to a ground rod on shore. 5. Test the GFCI breaker at least once a month, every week during the summer...
  4. RiverLodge

4" Horizontal Cleanout Question ???

So this is acceptable? Seems like debris could accumulate over time in the horizontal section of the clean out wye.
  5. RiverLodge

4" Horizontal Cleanout Question ???

Anyone foresee any potential problems with attached images 6.jpg and 7.jpg with regards to the 4"clean out and 2" convenience drain? Or would a 4X4X2 90 Degree Low Heel Inlet Elbow at the bottom of vertical stack be a better option? Thanks in advance for your response. RL
  6. RiverLodge

Grounding a Honda EU3000is Generator

Same set-up here, just an older and a bit smaller generator. She's covered outside with a shed roof and stays dry. Drive the 8' galvanized rod, connect #8 solid copper from the provided lug on the generator to a ground rod clamp on the rod and sleep well my friend. RL
  7. RiverLodge

Venting Shower for new 3/4 Bath???

OK Thanks. Just to confirm with this 3/4 bath schematic and knowing that the washer is upstream of the bathroom group. Again, thanks in advance for your reply. RiverLodge
  8. RiverLodge

Thanks for the response, Terry. Option #2 if correct? - Run the 2" shower drain to the vanity 2" drain line (vanity drain stubbed down center photo#3). The vanity is dry vented, connected above ceiling to the 3" stack vent then penetrating through roof. I am intrigued by this science of "Wet...
  9. RiverLodge

Thanks for your response, Cacher-. Photo #2 shows the 3" vent just above the shower sub-floor where I tied in the washer drain and vent. The 3" vent continues straight up through roof. So the washer is draining into the 3" vent above my proposed shower trap. Looks good to this Master...
  10. RiverLodge

Looks simple enough. Is it ok to run this shower drain approximately 1' and tie it into the 3" vent with a vertical santee? Or option #2, run the shower drain to vanity wet vent? Attached photo #1 - Shower Trap in Crawl - #2 Washer directly above on main cabin floor - #3 - The big picture...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks